|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Palestinian government is the official government of the State of Palestine. The ruling power is currently split into two separate administrations. The first is Fatah-dominated Palestinian government of 2013, which had been ruling the West Bank areas A and B and had been generally related as the legal representative of the State of Palestine (and previously, the Palestinian National Authoity); from 2013 it is officially referred as the Government of the State of Palestine. The other is the Hamas government of 2012, which is ruling the Gaza Strip.
The following organizations have claimed or executed authority over the people in the past:
- Arab Higher Committee, the central political organ of the Arab community of Mandatory Palestine. It was established on 25 April 1936 and sidestepped by the All-Palestine Government in 1948.
- All-Palestine Government, a Palestinian entity set-up by the Arab League in Egyptian occupied Gaza Strip on September 22, 1948. It was dissolved by Egypt in 1959.
- Palestine Liberation Organization, the official representative of the Palestinian people before the international community from 1964 until it was transformed into Palestinian Authority in 1993.
Palestinian National Authority (1994-2012) was an interim administrative body established by the PLO pursuant to the Oslo Accords of 1993, which exercised limited control of populated areas of the West Bank. Listed below are the executive organs of the PNA cabinets:
- Palestinian government of October 2002 (PNA)
- Palestinian government of November 2003 (PNA)
- Palestinian government of March 2006 (PNA)
- Palestinian government of March 2007 (PNA, unity of Hamas and Fatah)
Split of Fatah and Hamas
Since June 2007, Fatah government has exercised authority in Ramallah, West Bank, and has been recognized as the official government of the Palestinian National Authority, while Hamas administration took control in the Gaza Strip, and exercised control of that territory after it ousted Fatah PNA representatives in 2007.
- Fatah government in the West Bank
- Governance of the Gaza Strip
State of Palestine government
Since the upgrade of Palestine to the status of non-member observer state, a new Palestinian government was appointed in June 2013.
Hamas Authority in Gaza Strip