|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2008)|
|• Official||Gujarati, Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
There are primary, secondary and higher secondary schools in the village.
The S. J. Patel Sarvajanik Hospital serves the medical needs of the residents of the village. Many residents of surrounding villages also take the benefit of this facility. This hospital is run with generous help from ““antavas people”” of the village.
There are several major temples scattered throughout the village.
- Varahi Mata Temple
- Ramji Temple (newly renovated)
- Ambaji Temple
- Gayatri Temple
- Mahakali Temple
- Mahadev Temple
- Khodiyar Temple and many more
- Sureshbhai Patel (MLA)
- Kalidas Punjiram Patel (Batiya Vas- Former Dep. Sarpanch & Present Oldest Person Paliad Origin)
- Arvindbhai Gandabhai Patel (MLA 2012 GUJARAT ASSEMBLY - Dalal)
- Hiten Patel
- Hiral Patel is well-known cricketer in Canadian cricket team.
- Famous Indian actor and comedian Paresh Rawal was born in Paliad. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paresh_Rawal
- Batiyavas parivar has been all the way help to this village ...
- Patel as a last name is the most population in this village but half of Patel lives out of India mostly in the USA.
At this stage there are only Patel lives are from antavas others are gone