Pallavi Joshi at Success bash of 'Hate Story'
|Occupation||Actor, model, producer|
Pallavi started performing on sabhagriya stage at an early age. She acted in nepali & newari films like Badla & Aadmi Sadak Ka as a child artiste. She played a blind child who reforms a notorious gangster in Dada (1979).
In the 1980s & early 90s she acted in art films like Rukmavati ki Haveli, Suraj ka Satvan Ghoda, Trishagni (1988), Vanchit, Rihaee. She also played supporting character roles as a sister or the heroine's friend in commercial big budget films including Saudagar, Panaah, Tehelka, Mujrim. She was nominated for 'Best Supporting Actress' at the Filmfare Awards for her role as a handicapped girl in Andha Yudh (1988). She also won a Special Jury Award at the 41st National Film Awards for Woh Chokri (1992).
Her TV appearances include Mr Yogi, Bharat Ek Khoj, Justajoo, Alpviram, Mriganayani, Talash and Imtihaan and her most famous doordarshan serial has been Aarohan,a youth serial based on navy.Justajoo was a weekly serial on Zee TV in 2002,which also starred Harsh Chhaya and Arpita Pandey.
She has also played a lead role in "Rita", a Marathi film directed by Renuka Shahane. She is also a producer of Marathi serials and has produced serials including Asambhav and Anubandh on Zee Marathi.
She has played the role of the central character Shantha in the critically acclaimed Malayalam movie "Ilayum Mullum" directed by K. P. Sasi in 1994.
- "41st National Film Awards". International Film Festival of India. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "41st National Film Awards (PDF)". Directorate of Film Festivals. Retrieved March 3, 2012.
- "Never say die". Tribune India. Retrieved June 9,2002.
- "Woman on the prowl". The Times Of India. Retrieved Feb 3, 2002.
- TNN (Jan 9, 2010). "Language, no bar for Pallavi Joshi". Times of India. Retrieved 7 December 2010.