|Elevation||154 m (505 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Telephone code||(91)44 - 2784|
Pallipat is located at  It has an average elevation of 154 metres (505 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Pallipattu had a population of 8,650. Males constitute 50% of the population and females 50%. Pallipattu has an average literacy rate of 71%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 63%. In Pallipattu, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. The town constitutes 40% of people who speak Tamil language, 50% of people who speak Telugu and remaining 10% people are Urdu speaking Muslim community. Pallipattu is blessed with the flowing of river, from west to east, named 'Kusasthalai' also called as 'Kotralai' which is the main source of water for Poondi Reservoir. The north side is covered by a Lake. If you have to travel by bus from Chennai(Koyambedu)it takes 4 hours journey, 97 and 97N are the bus routes provided by the Tamil Nadu bus Corporation Ltd. The interesting fact is that we can reach the place in four different routes(three from Tamil Nadu and one from Andhra pradesh), the roads which leads to Pallipattu from Tamil Nadu cross Andhra state.
There are many schools in the town to provide education to people of Pallipat and surrounding villages. The medium of instruction in these schools are in Tamil, Telugu and English. The schools are :
- P.U.Elementary School (Main)
- P.U. Ele. School, Dalavaipattadai
- P.U. Ele. School, Anjaneya Nagar
- Government High School For Boys
- Government High School For Girls
- Government Higher Sec. School
- St. Mary's Matriculation School
- Saai Sri Matriculation School
There are many development projects coming up in this area like Government Arts college and Railway Station that connects chennai to Chittor.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Pallipattu
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary and Assembly Constituencies". Tamil Nadu. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-08.