Palm Beach Marg
|Palm Beach Marg|
Map of Palm Beach Marg
Palm Beach Marg
|Maintained by Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation
City and Industrial Development Corporation
|Length:||21 km (13 mi)|
|South end:||CBD Belapur|
|Nerul, Sanpada, Vashi,|
The Palm Beach Road is a 10-kilometre-long (6.2 mi) six-lane road and an up-market residential and commercial road that connects Vashi and Belapur through Sanpada, Nerul, running parallel to the Mumbai Harbour.
The road has witnessed accidents in the past, earning it the name killer road. Speed Limit and safety signs have been put up along the road. Fences have been installed on both the sides of the road and the divider to prevent pedestrians from crossing. Three sets of rumblers have been added to reduce the speed of the vehicles on the road.
The areas adjacent to the road are frequented by wetland birds. Illegal dumping of debris in the area is said to drive them away.
- Katkurwar, Saurabh (July 29, 2012). "Three signals for Palm Beach Road". Mid-Day (Navi Mumbai). Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Katkurwar, Saurabh (May 20, 2012). "An easier ride to Thane". Mid-Day (Navi Mumbai). Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Badgeri, Manoj (2010-01-10). "Thane to JNPT in 30 mins?". Thane: The Times of India. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Singh, Vijay (2011-12-12). "4 youth killed in crash on Palm Beach Road". Times of India. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Palm Beach Road hit-and-run leaves 1 critical". Mid-Day. 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Killer Palm Beach road claims yet another teenager". Mid-Day. 2011-12-27. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Singh, Vijay (2012-06-05). "Dumping of debris near Palm Beach Road to shoo away wetland birds". Times of India. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|