Palm Beach Marg
|Palm Beach (Road)Marg|
Map of Palm Beach Marg
Palm Beach Marg
|Maintained by Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation
City and Industrial Development Corporation
|Length:||21 km (13 mi)|
|South end:||CBD Belapur|
|North end:||Thane–Belapur road|
|Nerul, Sanpada, Vashi,|
The Palm Beach Road is a 10-kilometre-long (6.2 mi) six-lane road and an up-market residential and commercial road that connects Vashi and Belapur through Sanpada, Nerul, running parallel to the Mumbai Harbour.
Palm Beach Marg is a City Scale Road of Urban Expressway Standard having length 12 km starting from Thane Belapur Road at Pawane and ending at Aamra Marg at Belapur-CBD. Part of the Road from Thane Belapur Road at Pawane to Sion Panvel Highway having length of 3.2 km was existing. Road from Sion-Panvel Highway to Belapur-CBD which is 8.8 km in length was executed in February, 2001. This road is part of Navi Mumbai Development Plan. Palm Beach Marg is traversing through the western edge of Navi Mumbai developed to provide fast movement of intra city traffic. It is serving for inter-nodal traffic of Vashi, Sanpada, Nerul and Belapur.
The road has witnessed accidents in the past, earning it the name killer road. Speed Limit and safety signs have been put up along the road. Fences have been installed on both the sides of the road and the divider to prevent pedestrians from crossing. Three sets of rumblers have been added to reduce the speed of the vehicles on the road.
The areas adjacent to the road are frequented by wetland birds. Illegal dumping of debris in the area is said to drive them away.
- Katkurwar, Saurabh (July 29, 2012). "Three signals for Palm Beach Road". Mid-Day (Navi Mumbai). Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Katkurwar, Saurabh (May 20, 2012). "An easier ride to Thane". Mid-Day (Navi Mumbai). Retrieved October 7, 2012.
- Badgeri, Manoj (2010-01-10). "Thane to JNPT in 30 mins?". Thane: The Times of India. Retrieved 3 May 2012.
- Singh, Vijay (2011-12-12). "4 youth killed in crash on Palm Beach Road". Times of India. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Palm Beach Road hit-and-run leaves 1 critical". Mid-Day. 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Killer Palm Beach road claims yet another teenager". Mid-Day. 2011-12-27. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Singh, Vijay (2012-06-05). "Dumping of debris near Palm Beach Road to shoo away wetland birds". Times of India. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
|This Indian road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|