Palmerston North Girls' High School
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2014)|
|Palmerston North Girls' High School
Te Kura Kōhine o Papaioea
Palmerston North 4410
|Type||Single-sex Secondary School for Girls' (Year 9-13)|
|Ministry of Education Institution no.||203|
|School roll||1270 (July 2014)|
The main entrance of the school is located on Fitzherbert Avenue, near the Victoria Esplanade. Adjacent to the north is Huia Street and tennis courts. Behind the school is Manawaroa-Ongley Park.
As of 2009, PNGHS has approximately 1200 pupils enrolled.
In 1902, Palmerston North High School was a co-ed secondary school created with an initial roll of 84 students. (40 boys and 44 girls). The first classes were held at St Andrews Presbyterian Church Sunday School hall.
In 1912, Palmerston North High School was split into two single-sex schools: PNGHS and PNBHS.
- Rita Angus - Painter
- Hannah Broederlow - New Zealand netball player
- Jessica Clarke - New Zealand model
- Joy Cowley - Writer
- Rebecca Hull - New Zealand Women's rugby union player
- Anna Leese - Opera singer
- Liana Leota - New Zealand netball player
- Emily Naylor - New Zealand Women's Black Sticks (Hockey)
- Kayla Sharland - New Zealand Women's Black Sticks (Hockey)
- "Directory of Schools - as at 30 July 2014". New Zealand Ministry of Education. Retrieved 2014-08-02.