|Motto||Learning for Success|
|President||Robert P. Deegan|
|Academic staff||1,100 as of Fall 2003|
|Location||Main: San Marcos, CA, USA|
|Campus||Main: Urban; 200 acres (81 ha)|
|Colors||Scarlet and Silver|
Palomar College is a community college with one campus and six education sites in San Diego County, California, United States. The main campus is located in San Marcos, while the six education sites are located elsewhere throughout north San Diego County. The largest of these is the education center located in Escondido. Other education sites are located at Camp Pendleton, Mt. Carmel High School, Fallbrook High School, the Pauma Indian Reservation, and at Ramona High School.
The Palomar Community College District's facilities improvement measure, Proposition M, was passed by 57% of voters in the November 8, 2006 General Election. As a result, the $694 million provided by the measure, as well as over $200 million in matching funds from the State and an additional $37 million from Proposition 1D, will provide for the implementation of the college's Master Plan 2022.
In 2009, the college developed an "Integrated Planning, Evaluation, and Resource Allocation Decision-Making Model (IPM). This IPM aligns the college's long-range Master Plan, its mid-range Strategic Plan, and its short-range Program Review and Planning processes while also incorporating the new Resource Allocation Model (RAM).
Palomar College offers more than 250 associate's degrees and certificate programs, and also offers programs for students wishing to transfer to many different four-year universities, including institutions in the University of California and California State University systems.
- Academic Divisions:
- Arts, Media, Business and Computer Systems
- Career, Technical and Extended Education
- Languages and Literature
- Mathematics and The Natural and Health Sciences
- Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- Emergency Medical Education
- Fire Technology
- Emergency Management
Media, newspapers and magazines
- Palomar College Newspaper - The Telescope
- Palomar College Radio - KKSM
- Palomar College Television - PCTV (shares airtime with ITV Cable 16)
- Palomar College Lifestyle Magazine - IMPACT
Associated Student Government
The Governing Board of the Palomar Community College District has authorized the students of the District to organize a student body association named "Associated Students of the Palomar Community College District". The governing body of that association is named "Associated Student Government".
The Associated Student Government is a student run organization at Palomar that strives to create a better campus for its students. Members of the ASG serve on campus-wide shared-governance committees and hiring committees, lobby State and Federal representatives on student issues, attend leadership conferences, and are responsible for Comet Week, Springfest, and some campus-wide activities. Members of the ASG have opportunities to attend conferences, special on-campus parking, and serve on campus wide committees as the "voice of the students."
|A||Administration||1960||1966, 1987, 1992|
|AA/ST||Administration Annex||1974||1976, 1978, 1988|
|BB||Baseball Field||2014-2015 (est.)|
|BBFLD||Baseball Field||1950s/1960s||N/A||2015 (est.)|
|BE||Behavioral Science||1978||2011||2014 (est.)|
|BES||Behavioral Science A||1978||N/A||2014 (est.)|
|BOEHM||Art Gallery||1966||1979, 1993|
|C||Art Complex||1966||1978, 1994|
|CCC||Child Care Center||1975||N/A||2015 (est.)||1993|
|CDA||Child Development #1||1983||1978, 1994||2015 (est.)|
|CDB||Child Development #2||1975||1993||2015 (est.)|
|CDC||Child Development #3||1972||N/A||2015 (est.)|
|CDC||Child Development Center||2014-2015 (est.)|
|CES||California English School||1992|
|CT||Racquetball Courts & Weight Training Center||1976||2002|
|DSP&S||Disabled Resource Center||1974||1986|
|E||Math||1960||1993, 2012||2015 (est.)|
|ETV||Educational Television||1965||1972, 1976, 1993|
|F||Foreign Language & Photography||1960||1964, 1989|
|FCS||Family & Consumer Sciences||1993|
|GJ||Graphics Communications||1978||1988||2014 (est.)|
|HBT||Howard Brubeck Theatre||1979||2000, 2011–2013|
|IT||Industrial Technology||1956||1965, 1966||2014 (est.)|
|ITC||Industrial Technology Center||2009-2012|
|LRC||Learning Resource Center (New Library)||2014-2016 (est.)|
|LL||Library and Learning Resource Center||1983||1999|
|M||Men’s Locker Room||1955||1960, 1964|
|MB||Modular Buildings||2008||N/A||2011 (15/16)|
|MIB||Multidisciplinary Instructional Building||2009-2011||N/A||N/A||2010|
|NA||Nursing Classroom A||1978|
|NB||Nursing Classroom B||1978|
|O||Women’s Locker Room||1965|
|P||Humanities/Social Sciences||1965||1972, 1976, 1993||2011 (north)|
|PAC||Performing Arts Center||2011-2013|
|PAO||Public Affairs Office|
|Q||Electronics and Telecommunications||1965|
|R||Student Union/Café/ Bookstore||1958||N/A||N/A||??|
|RC||Reading Center||1978||1983, 1992||2014 (est.)|
|RF||Reading and Food Services||1992|
|RQ||Racquetball Courts & Weight Training Center||1976||2002||N/A||??|
|RS||Receiving and Shipping||1974||1985, 1992|
|SC||Speech and Communications||1978||N/A||2014 (est.)|
|SHS||Student Health Services||1986||N/A||2014 (est.)|
|SSC||Student Services Center||1956||1964, 1985|
|SU||Student Union/Café/Bookstore||1958||1964, 1975, 1978, 1980, 2002–2003, 2011||2002 (Old)|
|SW||Swimming Pool Complex||1971||1976|
|T||Trades & Industry||1979||2012-2013|
|TCB||TRIO & Telescope||1978|
|TLC||Teaching Learning Center||2011-2013|
|TRACK||Track & Field||1950s|
|W||Behavioral Sciences Offices||1972||N/A||2011|
|WFC||The Wellness Fitness Center||1994|
There are many student run clubs at Palomar College, including:
- Anime Club
- Archaeology Club
- The Fellowship of Christian Athletes 
- Palomar LGBTQ & Allies
- Geoscience Connection
- Palomar College Democrats
- Phi Theta Kappa] 
- Photography Club
- Pre-Med Club
- Speech & Debate Club
- Environmental Student Organization
- Men’s and women’s
- Water polo
- Cross country
- Other Sports
- Track and Field.
- Travis Browne - UFC heavyweight. Played basketball for Palomar.
- Tom Dempsey - Former NFL kicker best known for his record 63 yard field goal with the New Orleans Saints.
- Pita Elisara - American football offensive lineman
- Candi Kubeck - Captain of ValuJet Flight 592, which crashed into the Florida Everglades on May 11, 1996.
- Matt Chico - MLB pitcher currently with the Washington Nationals.
- Ken Block - Rally Car Driver, and Founder of DC Shoes.
- Brett Salisbury - College football quarterback and author of the Transform Diet.
- Tom Luginbill - College football quarterback and college football analyst for ESPN.
- Kenbrell Thompkins- NFL wide receiver currently with the New England Patriots. Left school after one year.
- Saalim Hakim - NFL wide receiver currently with the New York Jets.
- Palomar Community College District Accreditation Follow-Up Report. March 2010.
- Palomar Community College District Policy BP 5400, adopted April 8, 2008.
- See "Associated Student Government" in Article III - Structure, Section 1 of the association's constitution.
- Palomar College Website
- Palomar Community College Library
- Palomar Community College Newspaper - The Telescope
- Palomar Community College Radio - KKSM
- Palomar Community College Student Government - Associated Student Government
- "Existing District Facilities", pages 19 – 40, Palomar Community College District Master Plan 2022, August 2003.