The District headquarters Tansen.
Location of Palpa
|• Total||1,373 km2 (530 sq mi)|
|• Density||200/km2 (510/sq mi)|
|Time zone||NPT (UTC+5:45)|
Palpa District (Nepali: पाल्पा जिल्ला Listen (help·info), a part of Lumbini Zone, is one of the seventy-five districts of Nepal, a landlocked country of South Asia. The district, with Tansen as its headquarters, covers an area of 1,373 km² and has a population (2001) of 268,558.
Geography and Climate
|Climate Zone||Elevation Range||% of Area|
|Lower Tropical||below 300 meters (1,000 ft)||0.3%|
|Upper Tropical||300 to 1,000 meters
1,000 to 3,300 ft.
|Subtropical||1,000 to 2,000 meters
3,300 to 6,600 ft.
Municipalities and VDCs
- Satyawati Lake (1400m above sea level)
- Pravas Lake
- Sita Kunda
Places of Attraction
- Tansen is a historic city with palaces, temples, stupas and historic architecture.
- Shrinagar Hill is spot for viewing high Himalayas. Dhawalagiri, Tukuche, Nilgiri, Annapurana,Himchuli and other mountains can be viewed from this place.
- Vhairabsthan Temple is a Shiva temple with huge trident, believed to be largest in Asia.
- Rishikesh Temple was built by the Kind Manimukunda Sen. According to Hindu mythology, this is the place where some part of body of Satidevei was cremated. It is famous for festival which occurs in 1st of Magh month when hidus come to take bath in Kaligandaki River.
- Ranighat Palace (Ranimahal) is also called Tajmahal of Nepal due to similar stories behind the construction of this palace. It was constructed by General Khadka for her wife Tejkumari in 1893 AD.
- Argeli Palace was constructed by Juddha Samsher and is considered a beautiful palace.
- Ramdi is a religious place in the bank of Kali Gandaki River. On the 1st of Baisakh there is a festival in this area.
- Forts like Kalika fort, Nuwakot fort, Bakumgadi Fort are historic place of attraction
The shape of Palpa exactly looks like that of Nepal
- The Map of Potential Vegetation of Nepal - a forestry/agroecological/biodiversity classification system, . Forest & Landscape Development and Environment Series 2-2005 and CFC-TIS Document Series No.110., 2005, ISBN 87-7803-210-9, retrieved Nov 22, 2013
- Districts of Nepal at statoids.com
~~(Also Known For:)~~
|This Nepalese location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|