Pamela Sargent (born March 20, 1948) is an American feminist, science fiction author, and editor. She has an MA in classical philosophy and has won a Nebula Award. She wrote a series concerning the terraforming of Venus that is sometimes compared to Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy, but predates it. She also edited various anthologies to celebrate the contributions of women in the history of science fiction. She is noted for writing alternate history stories. Sargent has attempted work with a wide variety of themes in general, if not always successfully. She also collaborated with George Zebrowski and on four Star Trek novels.
Pamela Sargent was born in Ithaca, New York and raised as an atheist. She attended the State University of New York at Binghamton, attaining a master's degree in philosophy. She currently lives in Albany, New York.
|About Pamela Sargent|
|By Pamela Sargent|
- Cloned Lives (1976)
- Sudden Star (1979)
- Watchstar (1980)
- The Golden Space (1982)
- The Alien Upstairs (1983)
- Earthseed (1983)
- Homesmind (1984)
- Eye of the Comet (1984)
- Venus of Dreams (1986)
- The Shore of Women (1986)
- Venus of Shadows (1988)
- Alien Child (1988)
- Ruler of the Sky (1993)
- Climb the Wind (1998)
- Child of Venus (2001)
- Farseed (2007)
- Seed Seeker (2010)
Star Trek novels
All co-written with George Zebrowski
- A Fury Scorned (1996). Based on Star Trek: The Next Generation television series.
- Heart of the Sun (1997). Based on Star Trek: The Original Series television series.
- Across the Universe (1999). Based on Star Trek: The Original Series television series.
- Garth of Izar (2003). Based on Star Trek: The Original Series television series.
- Cloned Lives (1976)
- Starshadows (1977)
- The Golden Space (1983)
- The Best of Pamela Sargent (1987) with Martin H. Greenberg
- The Mountain Cage and Other Stories (2002)
- Eye of Flame (2003)
- Thumbprints (2004)
- Women of Wonder (1975)
- More Women of Wonder (1976)
- Bio-Futures: Science Fiction Stories About Biological Metamorphosis (1976)
- The New Women of Wonder (1978)
- Three in Space (1981) with Jack Dann and George Zebrowski
- Afterlives (1986) with Ian Watson
- Women of Wonder: The Classic Years (1996)
- Women of Wonder: The Contemporary Years (1996)
- Three in Time (1997) with Jack Dann and George Zebrowski
- Conqueror Fantastic (2004)
In 2012, Pamela Sargent was the winner of the Pilgrim Award for lifetime contributions to SF/F studies.
- Also, "The Old Testament's full of good stories, my personal favorites being those of David and Esther. I never could get into the New Testament." Interview by Engel-Cox, NOVA Express, Volume 3, Number 3 (11), Winter 1991. Also available at http://www.engel-cox.org/sargent/nova_express_interview.html
- ""SFRA Awards", Locus, 04/20/2012".
- Pamela Sargent at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Golden Gryphon Press official site - About Thumbprints
- Audio Review of Venus of Dreams at The Science Fiction Book Review Podcast
- Her article in Memory Alpha
|This article about an American science fiction writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|