||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (April 2011)|
|— suburb —|
|• Municipal Chairman||C.V Elangovan (ADMK PARTY)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Leather and tannery works are present in and around Pammal. Pammal Sambandha Mudaliar, the father of modern Tamil theatre, was born in Pammal. It is very close to Chennai International Airport (MAA). There are famous temple Sooriamman and Arkeeswarar ( Anna salai ), Rettai Pillayar Kovil(Pammal Main Road) and Sithi Vinayagar Temple (pammal main road) and remarkable church (Pammal Main Road) are located in Pammal Main Road.
For an important residential area, the roads of Pammal are very narrow. Among these, Nalla Thambi Road and Kalaignar Road are the major ones.
Nearest Places 
As of 2011[update] India census, Pammal had a population of 73374. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Pammal has an average literacy rate of 81%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 85%, and female literacy is 77%. In Pammal, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Bus Route to reach pammal are: M66,PP66,M52,52,60A,60D,60E,566A Pammal is a main stop for all buses plying between Tambaram and Poonamallee
The Nearest Raiway Station is at Pallavaram 3 km away. The Chennai Airport is 3.5 km away.
Healthcare and Hospitals 
- Subiksha Hospital
- B.P. Jain Hospital
- Sri Sankara Eye Hospital
- JIP Heart and Diabetic care
Most of them are in the vicinity of Pammal Mainroad.
The nearest government hospitals include
There are some very good schools and colleges in Pammal. Schools:
- Sri Sankara Vidhyalaya Matriculation
- Sri Sankara Vidhyalaya primary school
- Annai Velankanni School,
- Bhuvarahan School,
- Ammani Ammal School,
- Sri Meenakshi Krishnan Polytechnic, Sankar Nagar
- Sri Chandrasekherendra Saraswathi Viswa Maha Vidhyalaya - Annex
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.