|Traded as||BCBA: PAMP
|Headquarters||Buenos Aires, Argentina|
|Key people||Marcelo Mindlin (Chairman),
Ricardo Torres (CEO)
|Services||Electric power transmission
|Revenue||US$1.7 billion (2012)|
|Net income||US$236 million (2012)|
Pampa Energía is the largest electricity company in Argentina, which through its subsidiaries participates in the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity. The company was founded in 2005, and is based in Buenos Aires.
The generation segment of the company has an installed capacity of approximately 2,217 MW, representing 7.5% of installed capacity in Argentina. In the transmission segment, Pampa co-controls Transener, the operator of the largest network of high voltage transmission in Argentina, covering about 10,155 km (6,400 mi) of lines themselves, as well as 6,108 km (3,800 mi) of high voltage lines through Transba, its subsidiary. The distribution segment consists of Edenor, the largest electricity distributor in Argentina. A former State enterprise privatized in 1992, Edenor serves more than 2,500,000 customers in a concession area covers the north of Buenos Aires and north of Greater Buenos Aires.
The company is listed in Buenos Aires Stock Exchange, and is part of Merval Index as the third-most heavily weighted stock. In addition, Pampa has a program of ADSs (American Depositary Shares) Level I, which represent 25 ordinary shares each. Pampa began trading on the NYSE (New York Stock Exchange) on October 9, 2009.
- "Pampa Energia S.A. announces the results for the fiscal year ended on December 31st, 2012". Bloomberg.
- "Qué es Pampa". Pampa Energía.
- Pampa Energía: Nuestros Negocios (Spanish)
- "Argentina's Pampa Energia buys firms, debt from AEI". Reuters.
- NYSE News: Pampa Energía S.A. Celebrates NYSE Listing
- "El Estado se haría cargo de la venta de energía a las grandes industrias". Infobae.