|Headquarters||5 Alek Manukyan St.,"Home of Radio"
|Key people||Armen Azaryan (founder)|
PanARMENIAN.Net is the first Armenian online news agency, an internet portal based in Yerevan, Armenia. The PanARMENIAN.Net information-analytical portal is one of the projects of the "PanArmenian Network" NGO. It was launched on April 2, 2000. PanARMENIAN.Net provides information and analysis about the main events in the social and political life of Armenia, as well as events taking place all over the world that are connected with Armenia directly or indirectly. Topics covered: Politics, Armenia and World, Society, Economics, Region, Sport, Culture, IT & Telecommunications.
"PanARMENIAN Network" NGO
"PanArmenian Network" has started its activity from 1999. The main directions of activity of the organization are: the establishment of a pan-Armenian common information field and adequate presentation of Armenia to the world community. This is implemented through information and communication technologies.
Objectives of the organization:
- Presentation of the pan-Armenian scientific, cultural and spiritual heritage, historical realities and facts, information about development of Armenia and events taking place in the country to the world community;
- Furthering the formation of a pan-Armenian information community;
- Furthering the formation of a common information field for an effective dialogue at national, regional and international levels.
PanARMENIAN News Agency
From June 2001 the dataware of the PanARMENIAN.Net: News project is carried out by the "PanArmenian Network" NGO's news service. Besides the own sources of information, the news service of the PanARMENIAN.Net uses the information flows of local and world news agencies. For the collection, preparation and publication of materials special programs of automatic collection and systematization of information are being used. The news on site is being refreshed in the regime of news ribbon daily, excluding Sunday. All the information on the website is in three languages: Armenian, Russian and English.
Awards and recognition
In April 2009, PanARMENIAN.Net recognized as best news agency covering European events. In the framework of Monitoring of European Events Coverage by Armenian Media project, PanARMENIAN.Net was for the second time praised as the agency providing best coverage of European events. Monitoring of five news agencies and five newspapers was conducted by European Integration NGO and the British Embassy in Yerevan.
In 2011, PanARMENIAN.Net was awarded with the "Golden Key" award, for the media outlet most actively covering Freedom of Information issues.
On March 25, 2013, marking the Day of Freedom of Speech, Gyumri Asparez Club awarded PanARMENIAN.Net's photo service for the quality photojournalism.
- "Online Armenian Media: A Look into Statistics of PanARMENIAN.Net".
- "About PanARMENIAN Network". Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "panarmenian.net on dataopedia.com". Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "PanARMENIAN.Net recognized best news agency covering European events". PanARMENIAN.Net. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "PanARMENIAN.Net News Agency Receives UAR Award". PanARMENIAN.Net. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- "PanARMENIAN.Net News Agency Receives Union of Armenians of Russia Award". HorizonWeekly.com. Retrieved 2009-08-22.
- "FOI ANNUAL AWARD CEREMONY 2011". Freedom of Information Center. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Freedom of Speech Day 2013". Asparez.am. Retrieved 2013-03-28.