Tachtsidis with Roma in 2012
|Full name||Panagiotis Tachtsidis|
|Date of birth||15 February 1991|
|Place of birth||Nafplio, Greece|
|Height||1.93 m (6 ft 4 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder
Central midfielder
Attacking midfielder
|2010–2011||→ Cesena (loan)||0||(0)|
|2011||→ Grosseto (loan)||8||(0)|
|2011–2012||→ Verona (loan)||39||(3)|
|2012–2013||→ Roma (loan)||21||(1)|
|2013–2014||→ Catania (loan)||12||(0)|
|2014||→ Torino (loan)||11||(1)|
|2014–||→ Verona (loan)||0||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 18 May 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Tachtsidis was scouted by Toni Savevski, the head of AEK Athens's youth academy at the time, and signed his first professional contract with AEK on 1 November 2007. Shortly after signing his first professional contract, Tachtsidis made his debut for AEK in the Greek Cup against Fostiras. On 27 January 2009, he became the youngest player to have ever played for AEK in the Greek League when he played against Thrasyvoulos, being 16 years and 348 days old; that record, however, has since been surpassed by Taxiarchis Fountas, also for AEK. Against Thrasyvoulos, Tachtsidis scored the winning goal in the 92nd minute to give his team the three points.
On 21 April 2010, Tachtsidis completed a move to Genoa that had already been previously agreed upon in January 2010. While at Genoa, he joined Cesena on loan for a year in August 2010. He then headed to Grosseto on loan until the end of the season in February 2011. Tachtsidis went on a third loan spell to Verona for the 2011–12 season. His stay at the club turned out very successful, playing in most of Verona's games and helping the club to reach the play-offs for promotion to the Serie A, which they failed to reach.
On 19 July 2012, Tachtsidis signed a five-year contract with Roma for a fee of €2.5 million in co-ownership deal (€1.5 million plus 50% registration rights of Andrea Bertolacci). He managed to score one goal in 21 appearances for Roma in Serie A for the 2012–13 season.
On 20 June 2013, Roma signed Mattia Destro outright for a pre-agreed figure of €4.5 million. Giammario Piscitella and Valerio Verre, who were sent to Genoa as part of the Destro loan deal, returned to Roma for €4 million in total (having cost Genoa €3 million in 2012). As part of this complex deal, Tachtsidis returned to Genoa for €3 million.
On 20 June 2013, it was announced that Tachtsidis had moved to Genoa, however, less than a month later he was sold in a co-ownership deal to Calcio Catania in part-exchange for the co-ownership of Francesco Lodi, who moved to Genoa also in co-ownership. 50% registration rights of Tachtsidis and Lodi both valued for €3 million, matching the bought back fee Genoa paid to Roma.
On 9 January 2014 Torino have completed the capture of the defensive midfielder from Calcio Catania on loan for the rest of the season with a purchase option in place to take Catania’s 50 per cent share in the summer. The Granata had been looking to strengthen their midfield options.
He made his first appearance with the club on 19 January 2014 in a 2-0 home win against Sassuolo and he scored his first goal with the club on a 3-3 away draw against Lazio. In June 2014 Tachtsidis and Lodi returned to Genoa and Catania respectively.
Return to Verona
Greek international Panagiotis Tachtsidis completed a move from Genoa to Hellas Verona F.C. on 18 July 2014. The midfielder has arrived in Verona on loan with option to buy at the end of the season. He would’ve reunited with ex-Roma coach Zdenek Zeman. 
Tachtsidis exceptional season year with both Calcio Catania and Torino was his passport not only to be called from Greek national manager Fernando Santos to the 30 man provisional World Cup squad, but also to the final 23-man squad for 2014 FIFA World Cup.
|2007–08||AEK Athens||Super League||1||0||1||0||0||0||2||0|
- sportdog-Super League
- Tachtsidis scores winner
- "Tachtsidis signs contract with Genoa". Sport In Greece. 21 April 2010. Retrieved 21 April 2010.
- http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/europe/item/96441-%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B7%CE%BD-%CF%84%CF%83%CE%B5%CE%B6%CE%AD%CE%BD%CE%B1-%CE%BF-%CF%84%CE%B1%CF%87%CF%84%CF%83%CE%AF%CE%B4%CE%B7%CF%82[dead link]
- "ANAGIOTIS TACHTSIDIS Acquisizione a titolo definitivo, con accordo di partecipazione" (in Italian). AS Roma official website. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 19 July 2012.
- "Esercizio dei diritti di opzione e controopzione e Rapporti di Partecipazione ex art. 102 bis NOIF" (in Italian). AS Roma. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Roma sell Tachtsidis to Genoa". Football Italia. 20 June 2013. Retrieved 8 July 2013.
- "Catania, scambio Lodi-Tachtsidis" (in Italian). Calcio Catania. 3 July 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "LODI UFFICIALMENTE ROSSOBLU’" (in Italian). Genoa CFC. 19 July 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- Calcio Catania SpA bilancio (financial report and accounts) on 30 June 2013 (Italian), CCIAA
- "Tachtsidis al Toro" (in Italian). Torino FC. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "Torino take on Tachtsidis". Football Italia. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "RISOLTE DUE COMPARTECIPAZIONI" (in Italian). Genoa CFC. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 5 July 2014.
- "Tachtsidis joins Verona". football-italia.net. 18 July 2014.
- "Επιστρέφει στη Βερόνα ο Ταχτσίδης". gazzetta.gr. 16 July 2014.
- "Ufficiale: Panagiotis Tachtsidis in gialloblù" (in Italian). Hellas Verona FC. 18 July 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- "Greece World Cup 2014 squad". telegraph.co.uk. 19 May 2014.