Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
|Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University|
|Location||Raisan, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India|
Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (or PDPU) is a established by the Gujarat Energy Research & Management Institute through a State Act. The university is located at Raisan village of Gandhinagar city in the knowledge corridor, near the GIFT CITY.
At present, the university has six schools and two centres. The Director General of PDPU is Dr. P. K. Banik. The Chairman of University Board of Governors is Dr. Mukesh Ambani and the Chairman of the Standing Committee is Mr. DJ Pandian, IAS, Government of Gujarat.
Schools at PDPU
School of Petroleum Technology
This school has been set up under Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University as a centre of excellence to develop human resources to cater to the petroleum and allied energy sectors, improve knowledge base of technologists and provide a competitive edge to professionals in the global arena.
School of Technology
This school intends to focus on technological education, research and service that anticipates, and meets, the need of tomorrow’s world. It is expected that engineering graduates from School of Technology will care about issues that technology can make difference whether these issues are health, security, economic well-being or sustainability of world and values. 
School of Petroleum Management
This school has been set up under Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University as a centre of excellence in industry learning to develop human resources to cater to the petroleum and allied energy sectors, improve knowledge base of policy makers and technologists and provide a competitive edge to leaders to compete in global arena. It has been promoted with the initiative of Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd. a Gujarat government undertaking, which is a leader in the energy sector.
School of Solar Energy
At Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University aims to impart education, training and services; perform cutting-edge research and development; and enable discrete, as well as interdisciplinary technologies
School of Liberal Studies
This school currently offers a four year Bachelor degree that equips a student to develop an array of intellectual skills, a variety of methodologies or ways of understanding our changing world, and a broad base of varied knowledge. In turn, such a liberal education establishes an invaluable foundation for more specialized study in one's major or in one of the professions, and for a life-long affinity for learning and continuing intellectual development.
A masters degree in areas of Public Administration, International Relation and English Literature is also offered.
The course imparts classical education in various fields like art, literature, languages, music, dramatics, philosophy, politics, history, law, mathematics, science and general studies. It emphasizes on the need to seek knowledge for knowledge’ sake, promoting intellectual growth, creative expression and rational thought.
Admission to undergraduate B.Tech courses at the School of Petroleum Technology and at the School of Technology is through JEE (Mains), conducted every year by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
The B. Tech Programs offered are in disciplines of Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, Electrical and Industrial.
The courses of BA (Hons.)/BBA (Hons.) & B.Com (Hons.) are by the School of Liberal Studies. Students from any stream who have completed their HSC or equivalent from any education board in India are eligible to apply for admission in BA (Hons.)/BBA (Hons.). Whereas for the B.Com (Hons.) students need to have completed their HSC or equivalent with commerce stream.
For M.A., students who have completed their undergraduate degree from any discipline are eligible to apply. However, students with academic background in their respective majors will be preferred. The entrance examination will be conducted by the school which will consist of - General Knowledge, questions related to the respective majors and subjective questions.
- The Video Graphics Association, better known as the VGA, is a student film club, dedicated to short film-making and film appreciation. Established in 2007, it is the oldest student club of the university. It's aim is to create impactful and meaningful short films along with creating a film screening culture at our campus, and to associate and interact with various film professionals not only in Ahmedabad / Gandhinagar, but also at a national and an international level. VGA has organized various workshops conducted by eminent faculty from City Pulse Institute of Film and Television (CPIFT) Gandhinagar, National Institute of Design (NID) Ahmedabad, Gujarat Vidyapeeth Ahmedabad, etc. on our campus. The club has also organized several film-making competitions, with participants being not only students from various reputed institutes but also independent film-makers across India.
- 'Sorriso'-- is the photography club. The club organizes workshops, exhibitions, trips, photo-walks and live-studios at national level. It is considered to be the most active club at PDPU.
- Cretus is the robotics and automation club. It organizes various robotics events, workshops, seminars and guest lectures.
- Mind Ripple is the quizzing club of the university. It has organized several state and national level quiz events. The club,apart from its internal quizzes, organizes the PDPU Open Quiz (POQ) held every year on the first Sunday of February.
- Soul Pepper is the drama club of the university which organizes street plays and other live events.
- http://www.ugc.ac.in/inside/privateuniversities/pdpureprt.pdf UGC report on PDPU
- http://www.pdpu.ac.in/downloads/The_University_Act.pdf The Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University Act
- "Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University". pdpu.ac.in. Retrieved 17 April 2012.