Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University
|Pt. Ravi Shankar Shukla University|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Shiv Kumar Pandey|
|Location||Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India|
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, was established in 1964. It is named after Pt. Ravishankar Shukla, the first chief minister of Madhya Pradesh. The university came into being on May 1 and was functional from June 1, 1964 with 46 affiliated colleges, five university teaching departments (UTDs) and 34,000 students. Indira Gandhi, the then minister of Information & Broadcasting, inaugurated the university postgraduate department in five subjects on July 2, 1965.
The university has grown enormously over the last 44 years in terms of number of students (approx. 1.2 lakh) as well as disciplines, viz., humanities, natural science, law, education, pharmacy, management, physical education, library science and computer science, etc. in 28 schools and 261 affiliated colleges spread over 11 districts of Chhattisgarh.
Chhattisgarh was carved out as a political entity on 1 November 2000 by the state of Madhya Pradesh. Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, being the oldest and the largest university, is leaving no stone unturned to cater to the needs of the society.
The university has a sprawling campus in the western part of the capital of Raipur city. It is well connected by air, rail and road. The campus has the following facilities:
- Library Building
- Computer Centre
- Administrative Block
- Health Centre
- Bioscience Block
- Vice Chancellor's & Registrar's Lodge
- Geology Building
- Law Building
- Electronic Building
- Cellular & Molecular Biology Building
- Science Block
- Boy's & Girl's Hostel
- Teacher's Hostel
- Play Ground
- Guest House
- Employment Bureau
- School of Studies in Adult, Continuing Education & Extension
- School of Studies in Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology
- School of Studies in Anthropology
- School of Studies in Atomic Energy
- School of Studies in Bio-Technology
- Center for Regional Studies and Research
- Center for Woman Studies
- School of Studies in Chemistry
- School of Studies in Comparative Religion and Philosophy
- School of Studies in Computer Science & IT
- School of Studies in Economics
- School of Studies in Electronics
- Institute of Teachers Education
- School of Studies in Geography
- School of Studies in Geology and Water Resource Management
- School of Studies in Statistics
- School of Studies in History
- Institute of Management
- University Institute of Pharmacy
- Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management
- School of Studies in Law
- School of Studies in Library and Information Science
- School of Studies in Life Sciences
- School of Studies in linguistic
- School of Studies in Literature and Languages
- School of Studies in Molecular Biology
- School of Studies in Mathema
- School of Studies in Zoology
- School of Studies in Psychology
- Undergraduation: Pharmacy (B.Pharm.), Library & Information Sciences (B.Lib. & I.Sc.), Physical Education (B.P.Ed.), Law (B.A.-L.L.B.), Computer Science (B.C.A.), Education (B.Ed.).
- Post graduation: M.Tech in Opto-electronics & Laser Technology,M.Lib. & I.Sc., M.P.Ed., M.Pharm., M.Ed., M.A. (Hindi, English, Economics, Education, History, Linguistics, Geography, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Ancient Indian History and Archaeology, Comparative Religion and Philosophy), L.L.M., M.C.A., M.B.A., M.Sc. (Bioscience, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Physics, Chemistry, Statistics, Geology & WRM, Mathematics, Electronics, Biotechnology, Computer Sciences).
- M.Phil., Ph.D., D.Lit., D.Sc.: Available in all disciplines.
- Diploma/PG Diploma: German, French, English, Psychological Guidance & Counseling, Environmental Science, Remote Sensing & GIS, Watershed Technology, Yoga Education & Philosophy, Regional Planning & Development, Adult Education & Extension, Tourism & Hotel Management, Marketing Management, Criminology & Forensic Science, Personnel Management & Industrial Relations.
- Certificate: Translation, Watershed Technology, Yoga Education & Philosophy.