Panel building may refer to buildings of one of the following types:
- Built of structural insulated panels
- Built of pre-fabricated concrete blocks, named differently in various countries.
- Large Panel System building, often called Plattenbau from German or Panelák from Czech and Slovak, Blok from Polish or Panelház in Hungarian
- Called Khrushchyovka in Russian.
Panel building can be either frameless (column-less), or the panels can be fitted to:-
- Timber-, steel- or reinforced concrete-framed buildings
- Over common blockwork
- Or over tired existing masonry products
One of the main advantages is that the panels can be fitted in all weathers. There is no need for foundations and only a minimal framework is required.
|This article about a specific building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|