|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Asansol|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Barabani|
Pangachhiya is located at.
The Asansol-Durgapur region is composed of undulating latterite soil. This area lies between two mighty rivers – the Damodar and the Ajay. They flow almost parallel to each other in the region – the average distance between the two rivers is around 30 km. For ages the area was heavily forested and infested with plunderers and marauders. The discovery of coal led to industrialisation of the area and most of the forests have been cleared.
As of 2001[update] India census, Pangachhiya (B) had a population of 7,668. Males constitute 54% of the population and females 46%. Pangachhiya (B) has an average literacy rate of 62%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 70%, and female literacy is 52%. In Pangachhiya (B), 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
Pangachhiya has three primary, two secondary and one higher secondary schools.
- District-wise list of stautory towns
- Villages in Bardhaman District
- Chattopadhyay, Akkori, Bardhaman Jelar Itihas O Lok Sanskriti (History and Folk lore of Bardhaman District.), (Bengali), Vol I, pp 14-15, Radical Impression. ISBN 81-85459-36-3
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- 7th All-India School Education Survey 2003