|• Official||Malayalam, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Proposed New Mahe Municipality
The proposed New Mahe Municipality comprises:
- Azhiyur panchayat, Vadakara taluk, Kozhikode district, Kerala
- New Mahe panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Kariyad panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala (villages of Kariyad, and part of Peringathur)
- Peringalam panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala (villages of Peringalam, and part of Peringathur)
- Chokli panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
- Panniyannur panchayat, Thalassery taluk, Kannur district, Kerala
Total Area: 57.31 km2
Total Population (1991 Census): 123,628
As of 2011[update] India census, Panniyannur had a population of 22,308. Males constitute 46% of the population and females 54%. Panniyannur has an average literacy rate of 86%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 86%, and female literacy is 85%. In Panniyannur, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The place is situated 8 km far from the town of Tellichery or Thalassery. The same is surrounded by the places like Chokli, Mahe[UT]. Personalities like Moyarath Shankaran and M. V. Devan are from this village
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Kannur district, Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|