Panskura I (community development block)
পাঁসকুড়া I সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||243.09 km2 (93.86 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,200/km2 (3,200/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Ghatal|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Panskura Paschim|
Panskura I (community development block) is an administrative division in Tamluk subdivision of Purba Medinipur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Panskura police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Panskura. Bahirgram is a census town in this block.
Panskura is located at.
Gram panchayats of Panskura I block/ panchayat samiti are: Chaitanyapur I, Chaitanyapur II, Ghoshpur, Gobindanagar, Haur, Keshapat, Khandakhola, Mysora, Panskura I, Pratapur I, Pratapur II, Purusottampur, Radhaballavchak and Raghunathbari.
As per 2001 census, Panskura I block had a total population of 298,163, out of which 152,618 were males and 145,545 were females. Panskura I block registered a population growth of 15.62 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the combined Midnapore district was 14.87 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Purba Medinipur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, (erstwhile) Medinipur District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Balance of 2nd Installment for 2010-11 under BRGF for Purba Medinipur". No. 12 -(Sanction) RD/CCA/BRGF/1C-12/07 Date: 12.4.2011. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 20-07-20. Check date values in:
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001, Medinipur district. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "National Highways and their lengths". NHAI. Retrieved 2011-07-20.