|Headquarters||Digital Media City, Seoul, South Korea|
|Key people||Byeong-Yeop Park, Founder
Charles Gwang Chul Park, President & CEO
Wyatt Whaley, VP Product Management
EG Lee, VP Repair Operations
John Trahan, VP Supply Chain
|Revenue||$2.8 billion USD (2011)|
Pantech is a South Korean company that manufactures mobile phones. Established in 1991, its market is mainly domestic with partners in the United States, Japan, China, and Europe. In 2012 Pantech was the second best-selling handset maker in South Korea, according to Gartner. Pantech also partners with PCD for specialized phones.
Pantech USA phones and wireless devices
Mobile phones and wireless devices manufactured by Pantech:
- Pantech C630
- The model C630 is a slim candy-bar sized phone, featuring an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, GPS functionality, 3G HSDPA, and a 1.8 inch display with 176x220 resolution.
- Pantech Slate
- The Slate (marketed as _SLATE) is slim, like the C630, with a QWERTY keyboard, an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and a 2.2  inch display with 220x176 resolution, but without 3G or a GPS functionality.
- Pantech C610
- The C610 is a clamshell phone, featuring an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, GPS functionality, 3G HSDPA, and a 1.8  inch display with 176x220 resolution.
- Pantech Matrix
- The Matrix is a double-slide phone. It has a full QWERTY keyboard and a traditional T9 keyboard. When closed, the phone can be slid left to use the QWERTY keyboard, or up, to show the T9 keyboard. The phone has an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, GPS functionality, 3G HDSPA, and a 2.2  inch display with 240x320 resolution.
- Pantech Matrix Pro
- The Matrix PRO is similar to the Matrix model, yet more rounded in shape. The Matrix Pro features a 2.4  inch display, and 2-megapixel camera. It comes with Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.
- Pantech Matrix Jest
- The Pantech Jest is square shaped with rounded corners. It is about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide, with a 2-megapixel camera.
- Pantech Pursuit
- The Pursuit is Pantech's first touchscreen phone, featuring a full, four-row QWERTY keyboard, designed for quick messaging.
- Pantech Laser
- The Laser is a touchscreen messaging phone with a full QWERTY keyboard. Marketed as "the world's thinnest messaging phone", it measures less than a centimeter.
- Pantech Ease
- The Ease is a touch screen phone featuring a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and a 2.0-megapixel camera. Facebook, mobile web, and mobile e-mail are built in.
- Pantech Link
- The Pantech Link is a quick messaging phone with a QWERTY keyboard. Facebook, mobile web, and messaging are built in. It features a 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder.
- Pantech Breeze III
- The Breeze III is a clamshell phone with a 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder. It features mobile e-mail, Facebook, and instant messaging.
- Pantech Pursuit II
- The Pursuit II is a vertical slide QWERTY keyboard phone. It has a 2.0-megapixel camera and camcorder. It features Twitter, Facebook, mobile e-mail, instant messaging, and other social networking options.
- Pantech Crossover
- The Crossover is a vertical slide QWERTY keyboard phone.
- Pantech Renue
- The Renue is feature phone that includes a 3.2 inch touchscreen display and a full, four-row slide-out QWERTY keyboard, as well as a 3-megapixel camera with camcorder.
- Pantech Pocket
- Pantech Burst
- Pantech Flex
- Pantech Discover
- Pantech Breakout
- Pantech Razzle
- "The Razzle has a bottom portion that swivels 180°. One side has stereo speakers and music controls (pause/play, fast forward, rewind); the other side contains a full QWERTY keyboard. It has a MicroSD slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and GPS functionality.
- Pantech Jest
- The Jest is square shaped with rounded corners. It's dimensions are approximately 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. The Jest has a slide down QWERTY keyboard and a 2-megapixel camera.
- Pantech UMW190
- The UMW190 is a global ready mobile broadband USB modem. It is capable of connecting to several networks: EV-DO (Rev. 0 and Rev. A) and GSM.
- Pantech Crux
- The Crux is an all-touch screen/slider phone with a unique feature: the user must slide the phone up to unlock and down to lock it. It does not have a physical QWERTY keyboard. The phone features a music player, a microSD card slot (ships with 1 GB card; pre-installed), and a 3.0-megapixel camera and camcorder.
- Pantech Marauder
- The Marauder is a 4G LTE Android smartphone that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It features a 3.8 inch touchscreen display, a five-row slide-out QWERTY keyboard, a 5-megapixel rear camera, and a VGA resolution front-facing camera (0.3 megapixels). It has an optional "starter mode" to simplify the user interface for first time Android users.
- Pantech Hotshot
- The Hotshot is a 3G device that uses CDMA technology. The device has a 3.2 inch touchscreen display, offers Bluetooth connectivity, and has a 3.2-megapixel camera, among other features.
- Pantech Perception
- List of Korea-related topics
- Economy of South Korea
- Communications in South Korea
- Hoseo University