|Headquarters||Digital Media City, Seoul, South Korea|
Byeong-Yeop Park, Founder EG Lee, CEO
Gary Cherner, PresidentJoe Venable, Director Repair Operations
|Revenue||$2.8 billion USD (2011)|
Pantech (Korean: 팬택) is a South Korean company that manufactures mobile phones. Established in 1991, its market is mainly domestic with partners in the United States, Japan, China, and Europe. In 2012 Pantech was the second best-selling handset maker in South Korea, according to Gartner. In 2013 Samsung Electronics bought a 10% stake in Pantech. Pantech also partners with PCD for specialized phones.
Pantech smartphones in South Korea
Smartphones manufactured by Pantech and released in South Korea:
- Pantech Vega LTE-A
- Pantech launched Vega LTE-A in August 2013.
- Pantech Vega Secret Note
- Pantech Vega Secret Note was launched in South Korea in October 2013. The device records 200,000 units of sales in just 30 days after launched in South Korea.
- Pantech Vega Secret Up
- Pantech Vega Secret up was launched in South Korea in December 2013. The device receives Android 4.4.2 KitKat update in April 2014.
- Pantech Vega Iron 2 (A910)
- Pantech Vega Iron 2 was launched in South Korea in May 2014. The device runs Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
Pantech USA phones and wireless devices
Mobile phones and wireless devices manufactured by Pantech:
- Pantech C630
- The model C630 is a slim candy-bar sized phone, featuring an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, GPS functionality, 3G HSDPA, and a 1.8 inch display with 176x220 resolution.
- Pantech Slate
- The Slate (marketed as _SLATE) is slim, like the C630, with a QWERTY keyboard, an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and a 2.2  inch display with 220x176 resolution, but without 3G or a GPS functionality.
- Pantech C610
- The C610 is a clamshell phone, featuring an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, GPS functionality, 3G HSDPA, and a 1.8  inch display with 176x220 resolution.
- Pantech Matrix
- The Matrix is a double-slide phone. It has a full QWERTY keyboard and a traditional T9 keyboard. When closed, the phone can be slid left to use the QWERTY keyboard, or up, to show the T9 keyboard. The phone has an MP3 player, a MicroSD card slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, GPS functionality, 3G HDSPA, and a 2.2  inch display with 240x320 resolution.
- Pantech Matrix Pro
- The Matrix PRO is similar to the Matrix model, yet more rounded in shape. The Matrix Pro features a 2.4  inch display, and 2-megapixel camera. It comes with Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.1 OS.
- Pantech Matrix Jest
- The Pantech Jest is square shaped with rounded corners. It is about 3 inches long and 2 inches wide, with a 2-megapixel camera.
- Pantech Pursuit
- The Pursuit is Pantech's first touchscreen phone, featuring a full, four-row QWERTY keyboard, designed for quick messaging.
- Pantech Laser
- The Laser is a touchscreen messaging phone with a full QWERTY keyboard. Marketed as "the world's thinnest messaging phone", it measures less than a centimeter.
- Pantech Ease
- The Ease is a touch screen phone featuring a full slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and a 2.0-megapixel camera. Facebook, mobile web, and mobile e-mail are built in.
- Pantech Link
- The Pantech Link is a quick messaging phone with a QWERTY keyboard. Facebook, mobile web, and messaging are built in. It features a 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder.
- Pantech Breeze III
- The Breeze III is a clamshell phone with a 1.3-megapixel camera and camcorder. It features mobile e-mail, Facebook, and instant messaging.
- Pantech Breeze IV
- Released in the United States in November 2013, "the fourth model in its feature phone line". This model has been described as "a pared down flip phone" in the context of a Motorola Moto E product review.
- Pantech Pursuit II
- The Pursuit II is a vertical slide QWERTY keyboard phone. It has a 2.0-megapixel camera and camcorder. It features Twitter, Facebook, mobile e-mail, instant messaging, and other social networking options.
- Pantech Crossover
- The Crossover is a vertical slide QWERTY keyboard phone.
- Pantech Renue
- The Renue is feature phone that includes a 3.2 inch touchscreen display and a full, four-row slide-out QWERTY keyboard, as well as a 3-megapixel camera with camcorder.
- Pantech Pocket
- Pantech Burst
- Pantech Flex
- Pantech Discover
- Pantech Vybe
- A messaging phone, focused on supporting text messaging, designed for and marketed only in the United States market, released in May 2014.
- Pantech Breakout
- Pantech Razzle
- "The Razzle has a bottom portion that swivels 180°. One side has stereo speakers and music controls (pause/play, fast forward, rewind); the other side contains a full QWERTY keyboard. It has a MicroSD slot, a 1.3-megapixel camera, and GPS functionality.
- Pantech Jest
- The Jest is square shaped with rounded corners. Its dimensions are approximately 3 inches long and 2 inches wide. The Jest has a slide down QWERTY keyboard and a 2-megapixel camera.
- Pantech UMW190
- The UMW190 is a global ready mobile broadband USB modem. It is capable of connecting to several networks: EV-DO (Rev. 0 and Rev. A) and GSM.
- Pantech Crux
- The Crux is an all-touch screen/slider phone with a unique feature: the user must slide the phone up to unlock and down to lock it. It does not have a physical QWERTY keyboard. The phone features a music player, a microSD card slot (ships with 1 GB card; pre-installed), and a 3.0-megapixel camera and camcorder.
- Pantech Marauder
- The Marauder is a 4G LTE Android smartphone that runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It features a 3.8 inch touchscreen display, a five-row slide-out QWERTY keyboard, a 5-megapixel rear camera, and a VGA resolution front-facing camera (0.3 megapixels). It has an optional "starter mode" to simplify the user interface for first time Android users.
- Pantech Hotshot
- The Hotshot is a 3G device that uses CDMA technology. The device has a 3.2 inch touchscreen display, offers Bluetooth connectivity, and has a 3.2-megapixel camera, among other features.
- Pantech Perception
- List of Korea-related topics
- Economy of South Korea
- Communications in South Korea
- Hoseo University
- "Samsung to buy stake in smaller local rival Pantech".
- http://www.cnet.com/news/korean-handset-maker-pantech-faces-bankruptcy-with-475m-debt. Missing or empty
- "Pantech Vega LTE-A Goes Official, 2nd LTE-Advanced Device With Snapdragon 800".
- "Pantech Vega Secret Note IM-A890 Goes Official, Packs With Five Hottest Features".
- "Pantech Vega Secret Note Records 200,000 Units Sales In Just 30 Days".
- "Pantech Vega Secret UP IM-A900 Goes Official, Fingerprint Recognition And LTE-A Supports".
- "Pantech Vega Secret Up Receives Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update".
- Gwang-Lip, Moon (May 27, 2014). "Pantech’s feature phone to sell in U.S.". Korea JoongAng Daily.
- Kim, Eugene (May 16, 2014). "Motorola Moto E (Unlocked)". pcmag.com. Ziff Davis.
- "Verizon Wireless UMW190 Global USB Modem". Retrieved 2010-10-18.
- Hotshot | | Pantech. Pantechusa.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-12.
- Hotshot | | Pantech. Pantechusa.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-12.