Paolo Romano, also known as Paolo Tuccone and as Paolo di Mariano di Tuccio Taccone was an Italian early Renaissance sculptor and goldsmith. Giorgio Vasari in his Lives of the Most Excellent Painters, Sculptors, and Architects recounts that Paolo Romano was a modest man whose sculpture was far superior to that of his boastful contemporary Mino del Reame.
- Bessone-Aurelj, A.M., Dizionario degli scultori ed architetti italiani, Genova, Società anonima editrice D. Alighieri, 1947.
- Encyclopedia of World Art, New York, McGraw-Hill, 1959-1987.
- Seymour, Charles, Sculpture in Italy, 1400-1500, Baltimore, Maryland, Penguin, 1968.
- Thieme, Ulrich and Felix Becker, editors, Allgemeines Lexikon der bildenden Künstler von der Antike bis zur Gegenwart, Reprint of 1907 edition, Leipzig, Veb E.A. Seemann Verlag, 1980-1986.
- Vasari, Giorgio, Le Vite delle più eccellenti pittori, scultori, ed architettori, many editions and translations.