Vernazza playing for Woking in 2008
|Full name||Paolo Andrea Pietro Vernazza|
|Date of birth||1 November 1979|
|Place of birth||Islington, England|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|1998||→ Ipswich Town (loan)||2||(0)|
|2000||→ Portsmouth (loan)||7||(0)|
|2005–2006||→ Barnet (loan)||17||(0)|
|2006–2007||Dagenham & Redbridge||10||(0)|
|2010||Hemel Hempstead Town||?||(?)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 05:53, 5 February 2011 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Vernazza started his career at Arsenal but struggled to break into the first team. He made his first-team debut in a League Cup match against Birmingham City on 14 October 1997. He only played one league game (against Crystal Palace) as Arsenal won the 1997-98 FA Premier League, meaning he didn't qualify for a winners' medal. His performances in Arsenal's reserves resulted in him gaining a place in the England squad for the 1999 FIFA World Youth Championship. He had loan spells at Ipswich Town and Portsmouth, before leaving Arsenal for Watford in December 2000. He played 11 times for Arsenal, scoring one goal, in a 2–1 win over Coventry City on 16 September 2000.
Vernazza spent three-and-a-half years at Watford, making 96 league appearances, before moving to Rotherham United in the summer of 2004 on a free.
Paolo's time at Rotherham was largely unsuccessful, resulting in him spending a loan spell at Barnet before being released in May 2006.
Following a successful trial, Vernazza signed for Dagenham & Redbridge on 14 December 2006. He was part of the squad that helped Dagenham gain promotion to the Football League for the first time in the club's history, winning the Conference National in the 2006–07 season.
Vernazza appeared as a substitute for Crawley Town in a pre-season game against former club Arsenal on 26 July 2008. However, on 6 August 2008 he signed for another Conference club, Woking, following a successful trial.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2006). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2006–07. Mainstream Publishing. p. 417. ISBN 978-1-84596-111-4.
- "Games played by Paolo Vernazza in 1997/1998". Soccerbase. Retrieved 17 November 2013.
- "Arsenal hold on against Coventry". BBC Sport. 16 September 2000. Retrieved 4 November 2009.
- Daggers sign Vernazza
- Vernazza Coup
- Crawley Town 0–1 Reserves
- "Vernazza joins the Blues". Grays Athletic F.C. 4 September 2009. Retrieved 4 September 2009.[dead link]
- Vernazza joins the blue brazil
- "PLATINUM ONE team". PLATINUM ONE Group. Retrieved 18 September 2011.
- "Bromley v Bishop's Stortford Match Report". Bishop's Stortford F.C. 3 January 2011. Retrieved 18 September 2009.