Paphos International Airport
|Paphos International Airport
Διεθνής Αερολιμένας Πάφου
Baf Uluslararası Havaalanı
|Airport terminal entrance|
|IATA: PFO – ICAO: LCPH|
|Owner||Republic of Cyprus|
|Operator||Hermes Airports Ltd|
|Serves||Paphos, Coral Bay, Polis|
|Location||Timi and Acheleia, Cyprus|
|Elevation AMSL||12 m / 41 ft|
|Source: Cypriot AIP at EUROCONTROL|
Paphos International Airport (Greek: Διεθνής Αερολιμένας Πάφου; Turkish: Baf Uluslararası Havaalanı) (IATA: PFO, ICAO: LCPH) is located 6.5 km (4.0 mi) southeast of the city of Paphos, Cyprus. It is the country's second largest airport, after Larnaca International Airport. Paphos Airport is commonly used by tourists on vacation in western Cyprus, providing access to popular resorts such as Coral Bay, Limassol and Paphos itself.
In May 2006, Hermes Airports Limited took over the construction, development and operation of both Larnaca and Paphos airports for a period of 25 years.
On 10 January 2012, Ryanair announced they were to open their 50th base in Paphos. In April 2012, they placed 2 aircraft in Paphos with 15 new routes, offering over 80 flights a week. Ryanair claim the reason they opened the base in Paphos was due to reduced landing charges offered by Hermes' incentive scheme, as well as the fact that they can easily operate within their standards (e.g. their typical 25 minutes turnaround time).
Passenger facilities include 28 check-in desks, seven gates, 22 aircraft stands, a bank, restaurants, cafeterias, bars, a duty-free shop and a gift shop. Other facilities include a tourist help desk, car rental, first aid, a baby/parent room and disabled access facilities.
Refrigerated storage, health officials, and X-ray equipment are among some of the facilities provided for cargo. Furthermore, loading platforms and forklifts are also available.
Airlines and destinations
There is a limited bus service to Paphos Airport. Direct buses to/from Limassol are also available and cost 8 euro. Since April, 1st Kapnos Airport Shuttle also started operating on the line from Nicosia to Paphos Airport, the fare for one-way trip is 15 euro.
- EAD Basic
- Hermes Airports, Passenger traffic 2007, 9 August 2008.
- "Revamped Cyprus airport opens for business". The Daily Star (Agence France Presse). 18 November 2008. Retrieved 18 November 2008.
- "S7 AIRLINES ОТКРЫВАЕТ РЕЙСЫ В ПАФОС И ЛАРНАКУ". ООО "АвиаПорт". 18 February 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2014.
- ""Уральские авиалинии" запускают рейс из Краснодара в Пафос". ООО "УралИнформБюро". 25 February 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- http://www.cyprusbybus.com/RouteDetails.aspx?id=180 Cyprus Bus Timetables
- http://www.kapnosairportshuttle.com/paphos?locale=en Kapnos Airport Shuttle to Paphos Airport
- Official website
- Current weather for LCPH at NOAA/NWS
- Accident history for PFO at Aviation Safety Network