|Birth name||Axel Ehnström|
23 October 1990 |
|Genres||Folk, folk pop|
Paradise Oskar was a stage name used by Axel Ehnström, a Finnish singer-songwriter (born on 23 October 1990 in Kirkkonummi, Finland) who represented Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 in Düsselldorf with the song "Da Da Dam".
Ehnström's family belongs to the Swedish-speaking minority in Finland. He adopted the name Paradise Oskar from author Astrid Lindgren's children's book "Rasmus and the Vagabond", where Paradise Oskar is a vagabond who plays the accordion. Paradise Oskar is studying pop and jazz at the Helsinki Music Institute.
Eurovision Song Contest 2011
Oskar participated in the Finnish national selection Euroviisut 2011 with the song "Da Da Dam" to represent Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest 2011 which was held in Düsseldorf, Germany in May 2011. The song tells a story of a boy who decides to make a stand to try to save the planet, gets universally ignored, but continues to persevere. Both lyrics and music are by the singer.
Oskar participated in the second semi-final of the national selection, and qualified for the final along with two other artists. In the final after the 10 artists performed their songs, Oskar along with Father McKenzie and Saara Aalto went through to the second round known as the "Super Final". Oskar was declared the winner, receiving the highest number of SMS and televotes with 46.7% of the votes.
Debut album Sunday Songs 2011
Paradise Oskar signed a record deal with Finland’s leading record company Warner Music Finland. Paradise Oskar's debut album Sunday Songs was released digitally on May 2, 2011 across Europe. All songs on the album are written and composed by Paradise Oskar himself. The producer for the album is Leri Leskinen who has worked with major local superstars in Finland. The executive producer is Warner Music Finland´s newly appointed A&R manager Lasse Kurki.
After Eurovision, Ehnström has worked as a songwriter published by Elements Music and Sony/ATV. He's been involved with several gold and platinum certified albums and has worked with artists such as Isac Elliot, Anna Abreu, Christopher, and Kasmir.
|Album Title||Album details||Chart positions|
|Year||Single||Peak chart position||Album|
|2011||"Da Da Dam"||6||64||46||Sunday Songs|
- 2013: Isac Elliot - New Way Home (Co-write, Sony Music Entertainment) Single
- 2013: Anna Abreu - Right in Front of You (Co-write, Warner Bros. Records) Single
- 2014: Kasmir - #WOWWOWWOW (Co-write, Universal Music Finland) Single
- Schacht, Andreas. "Finland sends Paradise Oskar to Düsseldorf!". European Broadcasting Union. Retrieved 12 February 2011.
- Schacht, Andreas. "Finland wins the Marcel Bezençon Press Award.". Eurovision. Retrieved 14 May 2011.
- "Paradise Oskar - Finnish Charts". finnishcharts.com/ Hung Medien.
- "Paradise Oskar - Austrian Charts". austriancharts.at/ Hung Medien.
- "charts.de - Paradise Oskar". charts.de/ Media Control.
with "Työlki ellää"
|Finland in the Eurovision Song Contest
with "När jag blundar"
|This article about a Finnish musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|