April 27, 1955 |
|Alma mater||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Parag Saxena (Hindi: पराग सक्सेना; born April 27, 1955) is the Founding General Partner and CEO of New Silk Route. Saxena earned a B.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology, an M.S. in Chemical Engineering from the West Virginia College of Graduate Studies and an M.B.A. from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Saxena started his career at Becton Dickinson as a product manager in 1978. Saxena is also a co-founder and managing partner of Vedanta Capital, a New York-based venture capital firm founded in 2006. He has been the president of TiE Tri-State branch since 2003.
Previously, Saxena was the Managing Partner and founded Invesco Private Capital, a subsidiary of Invesco. Parag is a member of the Foreign Direct Investment task force for the Prime Minister of India. Parag, over the course of four years, consistently qualified for Forbes Midas List. Parag was named the 23rd, 38th, 31st and 28th best deal maker in venture capital in the 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009 lists, respectively.
- Parag Saxena page, NSR website. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- Parag Saxena-on Forbes' 2007 Midas List. Nriinternet.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-18.
- Parag Saxena | New Silk Route Partners LLC. ZoomInfo.com. Retrieved on 2013-07-18.
- [dead link]
- The Midas List. Forbes (2009-01-29). Retrieved on 2013-07-18.
- 2009 "Midas 100: Top Tech Dealmakers", p. 4 alpha sort, Forbes, 01.29.09, 6:00 PM ET. No list compiled in 2010 but 2011 perhaps.