Paraiso (TV series)
|Precious Hearts Romances Presents:
|Also known as||Paradise|
|Written by||Ruby Leah Castro
Julius Benjamin Villanueva
|Creative director(s)||Johnny Delos Santos|
|Opening theme||Ikaw Lang at Ako by Liezel Garcia|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, English|
|No. of episodes||108|
|Executive producer(s)||Neal Felix del Rosario|
|Running time||30 minutes
Monday to Friday at 15:30 (PST)
|Original run||November 5, 2012– April 5, 2013|
Paraiso (lit. Paradise) is a 2012 Philippine daytime television drama that aired on ABS-CBN from November 5, 2012 to April 5, 2013, replacing the PHR's high-rating series entitled Pintada which was starred Denise Laurel and Martin del Rosario. It is the 17th and final installment of the Precious Hearts Romances Presents series, and is topbilled by Jessy Mendiola and Matteo Guidicelli.
The TV Series began production in April 2012, trailers were shown in July 1, 2012 on its ABS-CBN account of its second quarter of new TV Drama Programs. The TV Series was named Isla (Island), and on October 18, 2012 the title confirmed to a new name Paraiso (Paradise). The series marks the first team up of Matteo Guidicelli and Jessy Mendiola, it is also Jewel Mische's first teleserye lead role as a Kapamilya. Denise Laurel, who previously starred on its predecessor Pintada, also joined the cast in the middle of the series as the main antagonist.
Paraiso tells the story of two strangers, Brennan and Yanie, who get stranded on an island after their ship gets wrecked. Romance blooms between them as they spend time alone on the island, but the two strangers are not without their respective baggage from the "real world". Brennan is married to his dedicated wife Megan, while Yanie's childhood bestfriend Justin has untold feelings for the young woman. The romance that grows between Yanie and Brennan will set off a series of twists and conflicts after the two gets back to their own lives in Manila.
Cast and characters
- Jessy Mendiola as Alyannah "Yanie" Alipio-Galang 
- Matteo Guidicelli as Brennan Galang 
- Denise Laurel as Cassandra Romano
- Jewel Mische as Meagan Villareal-Galang 
- Matt Evans as Justin Abar
- Juan Rodrigo as Rodolfo Galang
- Evangeline Pascual as Edith Zarate
- Bodjie Pascua as Lito Alipio
- Angel Jacob as Emma Villareal
- Ina Feleo as Amanda Galang
- Arron Villaflor as Sonny Alipio
- Dionne Monsanto as Julianna Galang
- Guji Lorenzana as Eric Gonzales
- Pamu Pamorada as Myla Lumbao
- Justin Cuyugan as Steve Uy
- Alex Castro as Albert Ramirez
- Kathleen Hermosa as Beth
- Maliksi Morales as Jojo
- Idda Yaneza as Seling
- Hiyasmin Neri as Abby
- Gary Lim as Norman Cosme
- Shey Bustamante as Nicole
- Wendy Tabusalla as Alice
- Jessica Connelly as Josette Seloria
- Paco Evangelista as George
- Kazel Kinouchi as Rhoda
- Macky Billiones as Thirdy
- Ces Quesada as Apolonia "Poleng" Alipio
- Marissa Sanchez as Cristina Cosme
- Manuel Chua as Versoza
- Andrea Brillantes as young Yanie
Special finale participation
- Jason Abalos as Daniel
The theme song of Paraiso is "Ikaw Lang At Ako" by Liezel Garcia, originally by Donna Cruz-Larrazabal as "Only Me and You". Previously, it was the finale theme of GMA Network's Villa Quintana in 1997.
- "Matteo, Jessy, Jewel to star in new series". Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Arron Villaflor says he is proud to be one of the hottest bachelors in the country". Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Precious Hearts Romances (PHR) Paraiso Full Trailer, Unveiled". Retrieved October 20, 2012.