From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up parallelism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Parallelism may refer to:
- Angle of parallelism, the angle at one vertex of a right hyperbolic triangle that has two hyperparallel sides
- Conscious parallelism, price-fixing between competitors in an oligopoly that occurs without an actual spoken agreement between the parties
- Parallel computing, the simultaneous execution of some combination of multiple instances of programmed instructions and data on multiple processors
- Parallelism (evolution), the independent emergence of a similar trait in different, but closely related species
- Parallel (geometry), for example, the parallelism control in geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Parallelism (grammar), a balance of two or more similar words, phrases, or clauses
- Parallelism (philosophy), a philosophical concept
- Parallelism (rhetoric), the chief rhetorical device of Biblical poetry in Hebrew
- Psychophysical parallelism, the theory that the conscious and nervous processes vary concomitantly
- Parallel harmony/doubling, or harmonic parallelism, in music
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.