|Ceased operations||August 2010|
|Frequent-flyer program||Paramount Royale|
|Company slogan||A world of difference|
|Parent company||Paramount Group|
|Key people||M. Thiagarajan, MD|
Paramount Airways was an airline based in Chennai, India. It operated scheduled services, mainly targeting business travellers until it ceased operations in 2010. Its hub was Chennai International Airport and was the first airline in India to launch the New Generation Embraer 170/190 Family series aircraft. The airline is planning to restart operations by May 2013 with six ATR-72-600 aircraft.
The airline started operations in October 2005 with the company headquartered in Madurai, also the location of Paramount Textiles. It operated to regional destinations in south and eastern India until early 2010.
The airline ceased operations when legal issues arose between Paramount Airways and the lessors of their Embraer aircraft. These events caused a gradual termination of all services as the fleet was grounded and seized by the leasing companies.
In November 2010, it was announced that Paramount Airways had won their legal battle and were set to resume services with a fleet of Airbus and Bombardier aircraft. Normalisation of the route network was scheduled for December 2010, but did not materialise.
The Paramount Airways fleet consisted of Embraer E170s, and was the first airline in India to operate this aircraft.
On 20 June 2009, Paramount Airways signed a MoU to buy ten Airbus A321-200 aircraft with an option for an additional ten. The agreement was concluded at the 48th Paris Air Show and was to be funded by the European Central Bank. It also ordered six Bombardier Dash 8 Q400s.  However, the deals did not materialise.
Awards and recognition
- Paramount Airways won the "Arch of Europe" Award
- Paramount Airways was awarded the "Award of Excellence" conferred by the Institute of Economic Studies
- "Directory: World Airlines". Flight International. 2007-04-10. p. 61.
- First Indian Airline to operate Embraer aircraft
- "Paramount Airways plans to restart by May". The Hindu. 1 February 2013. Retrieved 1 February 2013.
- The Paramount Airways journey in India - Corporate News - livemint.com
- Paramount Airways commits to 10 Airbus A321 aircraft
- Paramount Airways wins "Arch of Europe" award[dead link]
- Paramount Airways receives International Quality Award