From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up parasite in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A parasite is an organism that has sustained contact with another organism to the detriment of the host organism.
Parasite or parasitism or parasitic may also refer to:
In scientific literature
- Parasitism (social offense), a charge that is leveled against a group or class in society which is considered to be detrimental to the whole by analogy with biologic parasitism
- Parasitic element, an electrically unconnected element of an antenna
- Parasitic element (electrical networks), an unwanted capacitance, inductance or resistance in an electrical component
- Parasitic structure, an unwanted device formed on an integrated circuit from junctions in other devices
- Parasitic oscillation, an unwanted periodic current, due to feedback and gain
In other technology
- Parasite aircraft, an aircraft that is carried aloft and launched by a larger aircraft.
- Parasitic drag, the drag of an airplane or a part of an airplane, not directly associated with lift, as opposed to Lift-induced drag
- Parasite experiment in experimental physics, an experiment done with a particle accelerator or other large facility without impacting other experiments or uses of the facility
- Parasitic computing in computer science, a programming technique where a program, in the form of normal authorized interactions with another program, manages to get the other program to perform computations of a complex and an-authorized nature
In entertainment and the arts
- Parasite (artist), performing name of UK breakcore producer Armin Elsaesser
- Parasite (band), a band from Surrey, England
- Parasite (comics), comic book character and enemy of Superman
- Parasite (Doctor Who), a 1994 novel based on the British science fiction television series Doctor Who
- Parasite (film), a 1982 horror-science fiction film
- "Parasite" (Heroes), the 18th episode of NBC's show Heroes
- Parasite (Fractal Glider album)
- "Parasite" (Kiss song), a song by Kiss on the album Hotter Than Hell
- Parasite (See You Next Tuesday album)
- "Parasite", a song by Nick Drake on the album Pink Moon
- "Parasite", a song by Disturbed on the album Indestructible (Disturbed album)
- Parasites (band), an American pop-punk band
- "Parasites", a song by Ugly Casanova on the album Sharpen Your Teeth
- Paraziţii, a Romanian hip hop band
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.