|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2007)|
Pardee Homes is a residential real-estate company founded in 1921 by George Pardee Sr. He was joined by his three sons in the Los Angeles housing boom after World War II. They began building in southern Nevada in 1952, selling affordable homes to veterans for $1.00 down.
Pardee became a wholly owned subsidiary of Weyerhaeuser Corporation in 1969, one of 5 such Weyerhaeuser divisions. Their headquarters are located in Los Angeles, California. Other offices include San Diego, CA, Corona, CA, Valencia, CA, and Las Vegas, Nevada. The company is currently developing new housing tracts throughout Southern California and Southern Nevada.
Pardee Homes began building energy-efficient, green homes in 1998 and introduced LivingSmart®, a green building program, in 2001. Pardee Homes received the California Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award (GEELA) in 2005, for its sustainable practices. In May 2011, Pardee Homes became California’s first production homebuilder to commit to getting an entire community of homes certified to the National Green Building Standard™ (NGBS) by the NAHB Research Center, and internationally recognized, independent third party. Pardee’s new LivingSmart® Homes in Santa Clarita’s Fair Oaks Ranch®, will all be built to the Gold-level criteria of the NGBS, inspected at least twice by an accredited green verifier, and Green Certified by the NAHB Research Center..
In 2013, Certified Green Professional and Pardee Homes VP of Marketing Joyce Mason was one of 15 judges in China’s inaugural Solar Decathlon, a joint effort of the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and China’s National Administration of Energy. Organized by Peking University and staged in Datong in Shanxi Province, the Decathlon’s Solar Village showcased 20 homes created by college and university student teams who represented 35 nationalities in countries from six continents.
Awards and recognition
Industry awards include:
- 2013 Pacific Coast Builders Conference: Gold Nugget Awards 
- 2011 Eliant Customer Service Experience 
- 2010 JD Power Home Builder Customer Satisfaction Study JD Power
- 2010 JD Power New Home Quality Study JD Power
- 2006 Energy Star Partner of the Year for Sustained Excellence - United States Environmental Protection Agency
- 2006 Outstanding Philanthropy by a Homebuilding Company—Hearthstone BUILDER
- 2003 America's Best Builder
- Builder and Developer Magazine
- California Governor's Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards
- Solar Decathlon China - Juror Biographies
- : U~T San Diego
- : First Place - Eliant Homebuyers Choice Customer Service Experience Award
- : J.D. Power Consumer Center Ratings Customer Satisfaction Study Las Vegas
- : J.D. Power Consumer Center Ratings New Home Quality Study Las Vegas
- ENERGY STAR Qualified New Homes Award Winners : ENERGY STAR
- Lowes, Pardee Homes, 3M Among 50 to Win Recognition for Energy Efficiency, Greenhouse Gas Reductions | Newsroom | US EPA
- Hearthstone BUILDER Humanitarian Awards
- Builder Online