From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up parent in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A parent is a human mother or father or the caretaker of offspring in any species.
Parent or Parents may also refer to:
Meanings derived from the primary sense of "parent"
- In human relationships:
- Parent bug, Elasmucha grisea, a shield bug
- Parent chain, in organic chemistry
- Parent company or holding company, in business
- Parent material, in soil science, underlying bedrock
- Parent node (or ancestor node), in a tree data structure
- Parent peak, a mountain of higher elevation that the one in question, selected by various objective criteria
- Parent process, a computer process that has created one or more child processes
- Parent class, a concept in object-oriented programming (also called a superclass)
- Parent regiment, a type of army regimental system
- Parent (magazine), another magazine
Film and TV
- The Parent Trap film series, a 1961 film, several sequels, and a 1998 remake
- Parents (film), a 1989 horror film
- Parents (TV series), a 2012 British sitcom on Sky1
- The Parents, episode of Smash
- Parent, Puy-de-Dôme, a commune of the Puy-de-Dôme département, in France
- Parent, Quebec, a community within the city of La Tuque, Quebec, in Canada
- Parent (surname) (includes list of people named Parent)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Parent.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.