Parental Guidance (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Andy Fickman|
|Produced by||Billy Crystal
|Written by||Lisa Addario
Tom Everett Scott
Kyle Harrison Breitkopf
|Music by||Marc Shaiman|
|Edited by||Kent Beyda|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|Running time||105 minutes|
Parental Guidance (previously titled Us & Them) is a 2012 American family-comedy film starring Billy Crystal, Bette Midler, Marisa Tomei and Tom Everett Scott and directed by Andy Fickman. The film was released on December 19, 2012. This movie was the last Dune Entertainment film to be distributed by 20th Century Fox.
When Alice and Phil leave their three children with their parents while off on a short holiday, the children learn important life lessons from their grandparents.
Old school grandfather, Artie, who is accustommed to calling the shots, meets his match when he and his eager to please wife, Diane, agree to babysit their three grandkids when their type-A parents go away for work. But when 21st century problems collide with Artie's and Diane's old school methods of tough rules, lots of love and old fashioned games, it's learning to bend - and not holding your ground - that brings a family together.
Parental Guidance was released on December 25, 2012 in the United States and Canada and on December 26, 2012 in Australia, the United Kingdom and Ireland. Its international release spans from December 19, 2012 to July 11, 2013, with the first 2013 release on January 3, 2013 in the Dominican Republic, Venezuela, and Singapore.
Despite generally negative reviews, box office totals for the movie were higher than expected. Reviews included an 18% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 84 reviews, with the consensus stating: "Parental Guidance is sweet but milquetoast, an inoffensive trifle that's blandly predictable".
|2013||Young Artist Awards||Best Performance in a Feature Film - Supporting Young Actor Ten and Under||Kyle Harrison Breitkopf||Nominated|||
|Best Performance in a Feature Film - Supporting Young Actor Ten and Under||Joshua Rush||Nominated|
|Best Performance in a Feature Film - Young Ensemble Cast||Kyle Harrison Breitkopf, Bailee Madison, Joshua Rush||Nominated|
- "PARENTAL GUIDANCE (U)". British Board of Film Classification. November 30, 2012. Retrieved November 30, 2012.
- Box Office Mojo: Parental Guidance (2012)
- "Marisa Tomei Joins Bette Midler and Billy Crystal in 'Us and Them'". Moviefone.com. September 15, 2012. Retrieved January 1, 2013.
- "2012 Movies Preview: 'Hunger Games' 'The Dark Knight Rises' 'Avengers' & More". Huffington Post (AOL, Inc.). January 10, 2012. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Fox Moves Billy Crystal’s ‘Parental Guidance’ To Christmas Day". Deadline.com (PMC). Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Fox Moves Billy Crystal Comedy Parental Guidance Release Date To Christmas". CinemaBlend.com. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- Via Press: Parental Guidance - Release Dates
- Amazon: Parental Guidance
- LA Times: Movie box-office totals for 2012 projected to set record Retrieved January 2, 2013
- "34th Annual Young Artist Awards". YoungArtistAwards.org. Retrieved March 31, 2013.
- Official website
- Parental Guidance at the Internet Movie Database
- Parental Guidance at AllMovie
- Parental Guidance at Rotten Tomatoes
- Parental Guidance at Box Office Mojo