Paris Township, Edgar County, Illinois
Location in Edgar County
Edgar County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1856|
|• Total||45.39 sq mi (117.6 km2)|
|• Land||44.98 sq mi (116.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.4 sq mi (1 km2) 0.88%|
|Elevation||689 ft (210 m)|
|• Density||219.3/sq mi (84.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429528|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 45.39 square miles (117.6 km2), of which 44.98 square miles (116.5 km2) (or 99.10%) is land and 0.4 square miles (1.0 km2) (or 0.88%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Paris (vast majority)
The township contains these five cemeteries: Conkey, Edgar, Paris Memorial Gardens, Redmon and Saint Marys.
Airports and landing strips
- Paris Community Hospital Heliport
- Stewart Airport
Paris Township contains six schools: Carolyn Wenz Elementary School Crestwood School Mayo Middle School Memorial Elementary School, Paris Cooperative High School Saint Mary's School
Public School districts
- Paris Community Unit School District 4 Paris Crestwood Unit 4
- Paris-Union School District 95 Paris District 95
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 109
- State Senate District 55
- "Paris Township, Edgar County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
|Buck Township||Hunter Township
|Grandview Township||Symmes Township||Elbridge Township|