Paris Township, Portage County, Ohio
|Paris Township, Ohio|
Location within Portage County
|• Total||23.9 sq mi (61.9 km2)|
|• Land||22.7 sq mi (58.7 km2)|
|• Water||1.2 sq mi (3.1 km2)|
|Elevation||968 ft (295 m)|
|• Density||80.5/sq mi (31.1/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086835|
Located in the eastern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Windham Township - north
- Braceville Township, Trumbull County - northeast corner
- Newton Township, Trumbull County - east
- Milton Township, Mahoning County - southeast corner
- Palmyra Township - south
- Edinburg Township - southwest corner
- Charlestown Township - west
- Freedom Township - northwest corner
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Portage County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.