When the British achieved paramountcy over India, the Nizams were allowed to continue to rule their princely states as client kings. The Nizams retained internal power over Paritala village until 1948 when Paritala was integrated into the new Indian Union.
A statue in depicting Hanuman called Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Hanuman Swami is located in the village. It was installed in 2003 and stands 135 feet tall (41 meters). It is the tallest statue of Hanuman in the world, and the tallest statue in India.
The Kollur mines were visited by Tavernier and William Methold who recorded that bullock cart loads of diamonds were being unearthed by 60,000 workers (1618 A.D). Some of the most famous diamonds mined in Kollur mines, Gani Paritala and gani Atkur are:
- Kohinoor (186ct) - British Crown Jewels, London
- The Great Mogul (787ct) - Lost after Nadir Shah sacked Delhi
- The Pitt or Regent (410ct) - Apollo Gallery, Louvre Museum, Paris
- The Orloff (300 ct) - Diamond Treasury, Kremlin, Moscow
- The Nizam (440ct) - Nizam's Treasury, Hyderabad
- The Hope Diamond (67ct) - Smithsonian Institution, Washington
- The Golconda (135ct) - Dunklings Jewellers, Melbourne, Australia.
- Kolluru (63ct) - Purchased by Tavernier and unknown location
During medieval times and British rule Paritala-Kollur mines were famous for diamond mining. Diamonds such as Pitt and Regent diamonds were mined here. Other famous diamonds of Paritala mines include Darya-i-Nur, Dresden Green and Legrand Conde.
Paritala village was originally part of Jujjuru Khanan (region) of Krishna district. The then Nizam retained it, while transferring Jujjuru to British on May 14, 1759 because Paritala and other villages had diamond mines. People of Paritala fought against Nizam rule and liberated it as republic on November 15, 1947. Later, village elders held talks with Indian government and merged it on January 26, 1950. The Paritala Republic was in force officially for one year and seven days.
Paritala is politically active village. People are politically active and support political parties with due diligence.
Agriculture is major occupation as well as real-estate business.
Paritala has couple of schools and Engineering Colleges
- Amrita Sai Institute of Science & Technology - Near By 135 Hanuman Statue, Paritala Rd, Nh-9, Amrita Sai Nagar, Kanchikacharla, Krishna Dist., Pin-521 180
- MVR College Of Engineering & Technology - Besides Hanuman Statue & Nh-9, Paritala, Krishna Dist. -- 521180
- Z P High School
- Vivekananda Vidyalayam
- Vignan public school
- State Bank of Hyderabad, Paritala
- AXIS Bank, Paritala
- vasantha sai bank,paritala
- Tallest Statue in India : Veera Abhaya Anjaneya Hanuman Swami | hotklix
- Large and Famous Diamonds: http://www.minelinks.com/alluvial/diamonds_1.html
- India Before Europe, C.E.B. Asher and C. Talbot, Cambridge University Press, 2006, ISBN 0521809045, p. 40
- A History of India, Hermann Kulke and Dietmar Rothermund, Edition: 3, Routledge, 1998, p. 160; ISBN 0415154820
- Deccan Heritage, H. K. Gupta, A. Parasher and D. Balasubramanian, Indian National Science Academy, 2000, p. 144, Orient Blackswan, ISBN 8173712859
- A Manual of the Geology of India: Economic geology, by V. Ball. 1881; Geological Survey of India, Henry Benedict Medlicott, William Thomas Blanford, Valentine Ball, Frederick Richard Mallett, p. 23