Park Hyatt Chennai
|Park Hyatt Chennai|
|Address||39, Velachery Road, Guindy, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600 032, India|
|Opening||1 October 2012|
|Owner||Ambattur Clothing Limited (Ambattur Developers Pvt. Ltd)|
|Management||Global Hyatt Corporation|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||George Wong Designs (New York)|
|Number of rooms||201|
|Number of suites||20|
The hotel was built by entrepreneur Vijay Mahtaney, owner of textile business Ambattur Clothing, upon diversifying into the business of building hotels, IT parks and residential projects through Ambattur Developers. Owned by Mahtaney and managed by Hyatt, the hotel was inaugurated on 1 October 2012.
The 11-story hotel has 201 rooms (ranging from 43 to 180 sq m), including 20 suites, spread across seven floors. An 8,072 sq ft (747 sq m) banquet space is divisible into six rooms. A swimming pool overlooks the Guindy National Park. The hotel was designed by New York architects, George Wong Designs. The hotel is decorated with Indian textiles. designed by Venu Juneja from Goa. The 'weaving theme' features silk on one wall and canvas on the other. The signature restaurant, 'The Flying Elephant', is set on three levels, with six open show kitchens.
The hotel is built on the land where Concorde Motors stood until 2007.
In 2013, in the debut year of its opening, Park Hyatt Chennai was awarded 'The Best New Hotel of the Year' at the HICSA Hotels of the Year Awards–2013.
- "Park Hyatt Chennai Opens in India". Yahoo Finance (Chicago: Yahoo.com). 1 October 2012. Retrieved 2 Oct 2012.
- Muthalaly, Shonali (20 August 2012). "A new landmark". The Hindu (Chennai: The Hindu). Retrieved 2 Oct 2012.
- "Park Hyatt Chennai Shines at The HICSA Awards". Press release. Business Wire India. 4 April 2013. Retrieved 6 Apr 2013.
- Vijayakumar, Sanjay (28 November 2013). "Vijay Mahtaney to sell Park Hyatt hotel: Source". The Economic Times (Chennai: The Times Group). Retrieved 7 Dec 2013.
- Mathew, Elizabeth (27 November 2012). "Park Hyatt Chennai Review". Business Line (Chennai: The Hindu). Retrieved 30 Nov 2012.