Park Ridge (NJT station)
The Park Ridge station on the Pascack Valley Line facing northbound along the tracks. The former Erie Railroad depot is visible in the distance and the two-side of street platform is noticeable.
|Connections|| Rockland Coaches: 11
(on Kinderkamack Road)
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Parking||Yes (permit required)|
|Station code||795 (Erie Railroad)|
|Owned by||New Jersey Transit|
|Passengers (2012)||181 (average weekday)|
Park Ridge Station
|Location||Hawthorne and Park Avenue, Park Ridge, New Jersey|
|Area||0.3 acres (0.1 ha)|
|Architectural style||Carpenter Gothic|
|MPS||Operating Passenger Railroad Stations TR|
|NRHP Reference #||84002577|
|Added to NRHP||June 22, 1984|
|Designated NJRHP||March 17, 1984|
This line runs north-south to Hoboken Terminal with connections via the Secaucus Junction transfer station to New Jersey Transit one-stop service to New York Penn Station and to other NJ Transit rail service. Connections are available at the Hoboken Terminal to other New Jersey Transit rail lines, the PATH train at the Hoboken PATH station, New York Waterways ferry service to the World Financial Center and other destinations and Hudson-Bergen Light Rail service.
The station house is included on the List of Registered Historic Places in New Jersey since June 22, 1984.
|1||■Pascack Valley Line||toward Spring Valley (Montvale)|
|■Pascack Valley Line||toward Hoboken (Woodcliff Lake)|
The station has one track and one low-level side platform.
Permit parking is operated by the Borough of Park Ridge. There are two permit parking lots available, with 100 and 34 parking spots, respectively. Permits may be obtained through the Borough of Park Ridge.
- "List of Station Names and Numbers". Jersey City, New Jersey: Erie Railroad. May 1, 1916. Retrieved November 23, 2010.
- "Pascack Valley Line Timetables". Newark, New Jersey: New Jersey Transit Rail Operations. November 7, 2010. Retrieved November 27, 2010.
- "QUARTERLY RIDERSHIP TRENDS ANALYSIS". New Jersey Transit. Archived from the original on December 27, 2012. Retrieved January 4, 2013.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2009-03-13.
- "New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places - Bergen County". New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection - Historic Preservation Office. April 1, 2010. p. 16. Retrieved September 24, 2010.
Media related to Park Ridge (NJT station) at Wikimedia Commons
- NJT rail station information page for Park Ridge
- DepartureVision real time train information for Park Ridge
- Pascack Valley Line schedule
- Station and Station House from Park Avenue from Google Maps Street View