Park View High School (Loudoun County, Virginia)
For schools of a similar name, see Park View School (disambiguation).
|Park View High School|
|400 West Laurel Avenue
Sterling, Virginia, 20164
|School type||Public, high school|
|School district||Loudoun County Public Schools|
|Principal||Dr. Virginia Menshew|
|Assistant principals||Jennifer Piccolomini
Troy Washington, PhD
|Color(s)||Red, White, and Blue|
|Athletics conference||Dulles District
|Rival||The rest of the high schools in Loudoun County|
|Feeder schools||Forest Grove Elementary School
Sully Elementary School
Guilford Elementary School
Rolling Ridge Elementary School
Sterling Elementary School
Sterling Middle School
Park View High School is a public secondary school in Sterling, an unincorporated area in Loudoun County, Virginia, United States. The school is part of Loudoun County Public Schools and is located at 400 West Laurel Avenue in the Sterling Park community.
Park View High School opened in 1976 and served the entire Sterling Park and Sugarland areas. When Richard Bonieskie opened Park View, it offered state of the art facilities, including a large auditorium and a two-level library, which gave the school the nickname "University of Park View" during the years following its opening.
As eastern Loudoun County began to experience high growth in the 1980s and 1990s, a considerable portion of its student body was fed into Potomac Falls High School, which opened in 1997. In 2003, more of Park View's student body were fed not only into Potomac Falls, but also into Dominion High School which opened that year.
Park View was extensively renovated between 2002 and 2004. The renovations included moving the library to the first floor, expanding it, adding classrooms on the second floor, reconstructing the main offices and guidance offices, the Senior courtyard, and constructing a foyer on the front of the building. In 2005, the auditorium was also renovated and features new seats, a new curtain, and new theatre systems.
Enrollment by grade
Enrollment by race/ethnicity
Enrollment by gender
Total Students: 1330
Accreditation and test scores
Park View High School is a fully accredited high school based on the Standards of Learning tests in Virginia. The school recently went through SACS accreditation in November 2009.
The average SAT score in 2006 for Park View was a 1,452 (489 in Math; 488 in Critical Reading; 475 in Writing).
|School Year||Mathematics||Critical Reading||Writing||Total|
|2005–2006||489||488||475||1,452 (977 M & CR)|
|School Year||Number of Students|
The mascot is the Patriot and the sports teams currently play in the AA Dulles District and Region II. The Patriots have arguably the most storied athletic reputation in Loudoun County, and have won more state titles than any other Loudoun County school with 14 titles, all at the AA level. They are:
- five in girls' gymnastics (1982–83; 1988–90)
- three in softball (1989–90; 2002)
- two in boys' soccer (1991–92)
- one in VML in 2009
- one in baseball in 1984
- one in AA Division 4 football in 1988
- two in girls' track and field in 2007 and 2008
- one in boys' Track and Field 4x100m in 2010
- Jeff Lageman, Class of 1985, Former NFL defensive end for the Jacksonville Jaguars and the New York Jets
- Hilarie Burton, Class of 2000, former MTV TRL VJ, actress, former star of One Tree Hill, starring in White Collar
- Avery Clyde , Class of 1991, actress starring in Dawson's Creek
- Allen Pinkett, Class of 1982, Former running back for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the Houston Oilers
- Billy King, Class of 1984, Former basketball player and winner of the Henry Iba Corinthian National Defensive Player of the Year award with the Duke Blue Devils and former General Manager of the Philadelphia 76ers