Parking guidance and information
Parking guidance and information (PGI) systems, or car park guidance systems, present drivers with dynamic information on parking within controlled areas. The systems combine traffic monitoring, communication, processing and variable message sign technologies to provide the service.
Modern parking lots utilize a variety of technologies to help motorists find unoccupied parking spaces, car location when returning to the vehicle and improve their experience. This includes adaptive lighting, sensors and parking space led indicators (red for occupied, green for available and blue is reserved for the disabled; above every parking space), and indoor positioning system (IPS).
PGI systems are a product of the worldwide initiative for the development of intelligent transportation system in urban areas. PGI systems can assist in the development of safe, efficient and environmentally friendly transportation network.
PGI systems are designed to aid in the search for vacant parking spaces by directing drivers to car parks where occupancy levels are low. The objective is to reduce search time, which in turn reduces congestion on the surrounding roads for other traffic with related benefits to air pollution with the ultimate aim of enhancement of the urban area.
Parking Guidance System (PGS)
A Parking Guidance System (PGS) have different elements:
- Ultrasonic detectors.
- Forward mounting sensors.
- LED indicators.
- The Zone control unit (ZCU) (aka Node Controller), is the middle layer of parking ultrasonic detector, which is to manage a group of ultrasonic detectors, detects then loops the information of the detectors and send the relevant information to central controller. One node controller can support 60 detectors in max.
- Central ontroller unit (CCU).
- Indoor and outdoor LED display.
- Parking Guidance System management software, an electronic map of the parking space is embeded in the software, which can directly reflect the usage situation of the carpark in real time. The operators can monitor the carpark situation according to the electronic map. As for the wrongly parked vehicles, the system supports manual rewriting its parking spaces to adjust the real occupied situation of the parking space. Database supporting is usually SQL Server/Access.
- QikPark System that guides user to find parking space quickly
- Parking Guidance System
- Diamond PGS Parking Guidance System
|This article about a civil engineering topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to urban studies and planning is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|