Parkway North High School
|Parkway North High School|
"Head North for Excellence!"
|12860 Fee Fee Rd.
St. Louis County, MO 63146
|Type||Comprehensive public high school|
|Color(s)||Purple and white|
According to the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education the student body is about 60 percent White and 30 percent Black with other groups comprising less than 10 percent combined.
The school is notable in its extensive use of open classrooms, insofar that the school was originally constructed without walls separating classrooms. This was a trend in architecture in 1971 when the building was constructed. However, the infeasibility of this design was discovered ten years later, and plaster walls were inserted between classrooms, resulting in an eclectic mix of architectural styling, not to mention the logistical problems with these newly created rooms receiving proper HVAC ventilation. The new science department contains traditional classrooms with walls, moving the school away from its original architecture.
For the 2011–2012 school year, the school offered 28 activities approved by the Missouri State High School Activities Association (MSHSAA): baseball, boys and girls basketball, cheerleading, boys and girls cross country, dance team, field hockey football, boys and girls golf, girls lacrosse, music activities, scholar bowl, boys and girls soccer, softball, speech and debate, boys and girls swimming and diving, boys and girls tennis, boys and girls track and field, boys and girls volleyball, water polo, and wrestling. The school also sponsors a boys ice hockey team and a boys lacrosse team.
- Brad Edelman (1978), NFL player for the New Orleans Saints (1982–1989) and Lombardi Award nominee
- Randy and Jason Sklar (1990), twin comedians
- Steve Savard, Voice of the St. Louis Rams, and sportscaster.
- Eric Greitens (1992), Lieutenant in the Navy Seals, Recipient of the Bronze Star, Chairman of the Center for Citizen Leadership and Public Speaker with the Leading Authorities Speakers Bureau
- The band Living Things.
- John Kelly (sportscaster), sports announcer for St. Louis Blues on Fox Sports Midwest
- Parkway Alumni Association
- Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Building Profile for Parkway North High School