Parliament's Greatest Hits
|Parliament's Greatest Hits|
|Greatest hits album by Parliament|
|Producer||George Clinton; Tom Vickers|
Parliament's Greatest Hits is a 1984 compilation album by the American Funk band Parliament. The album was released by Casablanca Records after the label was bought out by Polygram Records (now Universal Music). The album was the first to compile all of Parliament's biggest hits released between 1974 and 1980. The album does omit the singles that were featured on the band's last album Trombipulation.
The album cover for "Parliament's Greatest Hits" is notable in that it features no artwork from any of the established P-Funk album illustrators. The compilation was produced by Tom Vickers, who formerly served as Minister Of Information for the band from 1976 to 1980. It was the last P-Funk album to be certified gold (500,000 copies sold). The album was the first Parliament album to be released in the compact disc format.
- Up for the Down Stroke (Clinton, Collins, Worrell, Haskins) 3:20
- Chocolate City (Clinton, Collins, Worrell) 5:36
- P-Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up) (Clinton, Worrell, Collins) 7:34
- Mothership Connection (Star Child) (Clinton, Collins, Worrell) 3:07
- Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof off the Sucker) (Clinton, Collins, Brailey) 5:43
- Do That Stuff (Clinton, Shider, Worrell) 3:38
- Bop Gun (Endangered Species) (Clinton, Collins, Shider) 8:28
- Flash Light (Clinton, Worrell, Collins) 4:28
- Aqua Boogie (A Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadoloop) (Clinton, Collins, Worrell) 4:27
- Theme From The Black Hole (Collins, Clinton, Theracon) 4:37