Parliamentary Service Commission
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The commission's roles include:
- Providing services and facilities to ensure the efficient and effective running of Parliament
- constituting offices in the parliamentary service, and appointing and supervising office holders;
- preparing annual estimates of expenditure of the parliamentary service and submitting them to the National Assembly for approval, and exercising budgetary control over the service;
- undertaking, singly or jointly with other relevant organisations, programmes to promote the ideals of parliamentary democracy; and
- performing functions necessary for the well-being of the members and staff of Parliament
The Members of the Commission for the Eleventh Parliament are as follows:
- The Hon. Justin Muturi, Speaker (Chair)
- The Hon. Beth Mugo, M.P. (Vice Chair)
- The Hon. Adan Keynan, M.P.
- The Hon. Jimmy Angwenyi, M.P.
- The Hon. David Musila, M.P.
- The Hon. Sammy Leshore, M.P.
- The Hon. Gladys Wanga,M.P
- The Hon. Regina Chengorok, M.P.
- Mr J. M. Nyegenye - Clerk of the Senate(Secretary)
Parliament of Kenya. "Parliamentary Service Commission".
-  'Official Site'