Parlin, New Jersey
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Parlin, New Jersey|
United States Census Bureau map of Parlin, New Jersey
(Inset: Middlesex County in New Jersey)
|Elevation||135 ft (41 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0879141|
Notable current and former residents of Parlin include:
- Junot Díaz (born 1968), Dominican writer.
- Kevin Mulvey (born 1985), drafted by the New York Mets as their first pick in the 2006 Major League Baseball Draft.
- "Parlin". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2012-09-28.
- Census 2000 Fact Sheet for Zip Code Tabulation Area 08859, United States Census Bureau. Accessed January 30, 2008.
- Bures, Frank. "Chasing the Whale: A Profile of Junot Díaz", Poets & Writers, September / October 2007. Accessed May 28, 2013. "But Syracuse was a long way from anywhere for the writer, who was born in Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic, and immigrated with his family to Parlin, New Jersey, at the age of six. Díaz loved being in the mix, living in the city—all the people, all the energy."
- Mets sign RHP Kevin Mulvey, Major League Baseball press release dated August 9, 2007. Accessed June 12, 2007. "Mulvey, 21, is a native of Parlin, N.J., and graduated from Bishop George Ahr High School in New Jersey."
Media related to Parlin, New Jersey at Wikimedia Commons