Parlin, New Jersey
|Parlin, New Jersey|
United States Census Bureau map of Parlin, New Jersey
(Inset: Middlesex County in New Jersey)
|Township and Borough||Old Bridge and Sayreville|
|Elevation||128 ft (41 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||0879141|
Parlin is an unincorporated community located within Old Bridge Township and Sayreville Borough in Middlesex County, New Jersey, United States. The area is served as United States Postal Service ZIP Code 08859.
People who were born in, residents of, or otherwise closely associated with Parlin include:
- Jon Bon Jovi (born 1962), lead singer of the rock band Bon Jovi
- Junot Díaz (born 1968), Dominican writer
- Tom Kelly (born 1950), former manager for the Minnesota Twins
- Kevin Mulvey (born 1985), former pitcher for the Minnesota Twins and Arizona Diamondbacks
- "Parlin". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved September 28, 2012.
- Locality Search, State of New Jersey. Accessed February 13, 2015.
- "Census 2000 Summary File for Zip Code Tabulation Area 08859". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved October 12, 2014.
- King, Wayne (March 28, 1989). "Fan's Prize: Bon Jovi's Jersey Roots". The New York Times. Retrieved October 11, 2014.
Mr. Bon Jovi is helping to give away his boyhood home on Robin Hood Drive here.
- Bures, Frank. "Chasing the Whale: A Profile of Junot Díaz", Poets & Writers, September/October 2007. Accessed May 28, 2013. "But Syracuse was a long way from anywhere for the writer, who was born in Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic, and immigrated with his family to Parlin, New Jersey, at the age of six."
- "Experts: Twins Will Play in 2002, But...", St. Paul Pioneer Press, December 27, 2001. Accessed February 14, 2011.
- Mets sign RHP Kevin Mulvey, Major League Baseball press release dated August 9, 2006. Accessed June 12, 2007. "Mulvey, 21, is a native of Parlin, N.J., and graduated from Bishop George Ahr High School in New Jersey."
- "Kevin Mulvey", Baseball-Reference.com, Accessed October 24, 2014.
- Media related to Parlin, New Jersey at Wikimedia Commons