|Neighbourhood in Kolkata (Calcutta)|
|Railway station||Brace Bridge|
|Parliamentary constituency||Kolkata Dakshin|
|Assembly constituency||Behala Paschim|
|Elevation||36 ft (11 m)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Parnasree Pally is a posh upmarket locality of Behala in southern Kolkata, India. It was included in the Kolkata Municipal Corporation only in 1985. Translated to English the name means "beauty of the leaves". While it has lost most of its greenery owing to rapid real estate development, the name endures. Parnasree Pally is situated very close to the Behala Airport, which is to be converted to an airport to serve as an air traffic hub for Bengal and for other regional traffic.
- 1 Transport
- 2 Police Station
- 3 Post Office
- 4 Educational institutions
- 5 Parnasree Market
- 6 Hospital
- 7 Behala Flying Club
- 8 Parnasree Lake
- 9 Known faces from Parnasree
- 10 NFDC Office
Parnasree Pally can be accessed from Taratala Crossing by taking the Budge Budge Road and also from the road opposite Behala Police Station.
- 13 Sealdah – Parnasree via Bank of India, Bowbazar, Lalbazar, Dalhousie, Khidderpore, Mominpore, Majherhat, Taratala
- KB12 Rabindra Nagar – Balaka Abasan via - Parnasree, Behala PS, Majherhat, Mominpore, Ekbalpur, Khidirpur, Hestings, P.T.S., P.G. Hospital, Rabindra Sadan, Minto Park, Mullickbazar, Moulali, Sealdah, Beliaghata, Rashmoni Bazar, Building More, Chingrighata, Nicco Park, SDF, College More, Technopolis, DLF More, New Town, Narkelbagan, Unitech
Mini Bus Routes
- 32 Howrah Fire Service Station – Behala Parnasree via Howrah Maidan/Golabari, Howrah Station, Barabazar, Dalhousie/Strand Road, Park Street, Rabindra Sadan, Bhawanipore, Hazra, Gopal Nagar, Judges Court, Mominpore, Majherhat, Taratala
- 129 Howrah Station – Rabindra Nagar via Barabazar, Dalhousie/Strand Road, Park Street, Rabindra Sadan, P.G.Hospital, P.T.S., Alipore Zoo, Judges Court, Majherhat, Behala Parnasree
WBSTC Franchisee Bus Routes
- AS1A New Town – Behala Parnasree via DLF More, Technopolis, College More, SDF, Nicco Park, Tank No.10, Bikash Bhawan, City Centre, Building More, Chingrighata, Science City, Topsia, Bridge No.4, Park Circus, Minto Park, Rabindra Sadan, P.G. Hospital, Alipore Zoo, Mominpore, Majherhat, Taratala
VS Series of Routes (WBSTC Volvo AC Bus)
- VS3 Airport – Parnasree via Kaikhali, Chinar Park, Narkelbagan, New Town, DLF More, Technopolis, College More, SDF, Nicco Park, Chingrighata, Science City, Ruby Hospital, Kasba, Ballygunge Station, Gariahat, Deshapriya Park, Rasbehari, Chetla, New Alipore, Taratala, Behala Tram Depot
- VS4 Parnasree – Unitech via Taratala, New Alipore, Chetla, Rasbehari, Deshapriya Park, Gariahat, Ballygunge Station, Bosepukur, Kasba, Ruby Hospital, Science City, Chingrighata, Nicco Park, SDF, College More, Technopolis, DLF More, New Town, Narkelbagan
CSTC Bus Routes
AC Bus Routes
- AC4 Howrah Station – Parnasree via Barabazar, Dalhousie/Strand Road, Babughat, Khidderpore, Mominpore, Majherhat, Taratala
- AC4A Parnasree – Sapoorji Estate via Taratala, New Alipore, Tollygunge Phari, Prince Anwar Shah Road, Lord’s More, South City, Jadavpur P.S., Gangulypukur, Safuipara, Kalikapur, Ruby Hospital, Science City, Chingrighata, Nicco Park, SDF, College More, Technopolis, DLF More, New Town, Narkelbagan, Unitech
E Series of Routes (STANDING NOT ALLOWED)
- E4 Howrah Station – Parnasree via Barabazar, Dalhousie/Strand Road, Babughat, Khidderpore, Mominpore, Majherhat, Taratala
NON AC Bus Routes
- S4 Parnasree - Saltlake via Taratala, New Alipore, Tollygunge, Rashbehari, Gariahat, Kasba, Ruby Hospital, Science City, Chingrighata, Mani Square Mall, Karunamoyee
- S4/1 Parnasree - New Town via Taratala, New Alipore, Tollygunge Phari, Prince Anwar Shah Road, Lord’s More, South City, Jadavpur P.S., Gangulypukur, Safuipara, Kalikapur, Ruby Hospital, Science City, Chingrighata, Nicco Park, SDF, College More, Technopolis, DLF More, New Town, Narkelbagan, Unitech
Adjacent to the bus deport a fleet of green autos connects Parnasree and Behala.
Taxis are also available from the bus stand throughout the day.
Parnasree is very near to the Brace Bridge Railway Station in the Sealdah South section.
The Parnasree Police Station is located just beside the Bus Stand and opposite to Parnasree Market. It started on 1 September 2011.
This locality has its own post office (Kolkata -700060).
- Parnasree Vidyamandir H. S. School
- Sharada Vidyapith for girls
- Behala College
- Holy Cross Mission School
- Sishu Bharati Uccha Bidiala
- Kidzee Nursery School
Parnasree Pally has got its own market which is located opposite to the Parnasree Police Station. The market stays open 7 days a week both in the morning and evening. All necessary items including fruits, vegetables, fish, poultry products and other daily household items are available here.Goat meat shop closed on Thursday.
Vivekananda Hospital Research Institute
Behala Flying Club
Recently, The Behala Flying Club has been provided with a new lease of life by the Hon'ble Ex Union Minister for Civil Aviation, Mr. Praful Patel, by announcing a modernisation and upgradating of the Airport complex. There has also been an announcement of copter services being opened for the common citizens from this flying club. Initially there would be 5 destinations: Shantiniketan, Ganga Sagar, Durgapur, Malda and Balurghat. This would be run as a pilot and based on the response a decision would be taken for continuation of the services. The Kolkata-Gangasagar services will happen every Sunday with the one-way fare being set as Rs 1,500, while Kolkata-Durgapur flights will happen every Monday at Rs 4,200, Kolkata-Shantiniketan every Saturday at Rs 1,500, Kolkata-Malda-Balurghat every Wednesday at Rs 1,300 and Rs 1,500, respectively.
One of the major attractions of the area is the Parnasree Pally Lake, which is located adjacent to Parnasree Bus Deport. The beautification project by Kolkata Municipal Corporation is commendable.This lake is best to visit in the evening, they also turn on the musical fountain in the evening.Fishing is prohibited in this lake.
Known faces from Parnasree
- Biswajit Chakraborty – Bengali Actor in films, television and stage.
- Sovan Chatterjee - Mayor of Kolkata (2010 - )
- Arin Paul - Bengali Film Director
National Film Development Corporation office is located at Parnasree Pally.