|Founder||Christine/M De Tourvel, Jean-Pierre Talvard and Henri Seydoux|
|Products||Handsfree, Loudspeaker, Miniature UAVs|
|Revenue||€241 million, 2011|
Number of employees
Parrot SA is a French wireless products manufacturer company based in Paris, France. It was founded in 1994 by Christine/M De Tourvel, Jean-Pierre Talvard and Henri Seydoux and is currently a member of the CAC Small 90.
The firm specializes in technologies involving voice recognition and signal processing for embedded products. It develops products in relationship with car telephony: Parrot chipsets (including DSP), copyrighted noise reduction and echo canceling algorithms, Bluetooth software stack, end-user applications (Bluetooth hands free car kits). The products are sold to consumers through retailers, and are also incorporated into vehicles with the factory-installed audio system. Parrot's Bluetooth hands free technology can also be found in first mount.
More recently, still developing the use of Bluetooth, the company also produces home products like photo frames and Hi-Fi wireless speakers.
In 2008, Parrot launched a Design By collection, featuring designers like Andrée Putman, Martin Szekely, Philippe Starck...
In January 2010, Parrot introduced the Parrot AR.Drone flying hardware and Open API game development platform, ARdrone.org.
In 2012 Parrot bought 57% of Swiss drone company senseFly.
Parrot is listed on the Eurolist by Euronext (Compartment B) Paris stock market under the symbol PARRO, Code ISIN FR0004038263.
In 2014 Parrot introduced the Mini-Drones "Rolling Spider" and "Jumping Sumo" at CES Las Vegas. In May 2014 at the annual AUVSI conference in Orlando, Parrot announced the AR Drone 3.0, code-named Bebop, permitting YouTube personality Kyle Tarpley from the YouTube channel "AR Drone Show w/ Kyle Tarpley" to live-stream video the day before the conference opened.
Parrot also revealed the option for a Skycontroller, when purchasing the Bebop. The Skycontroller allows the Bebop Drone to fly up to 2 kilometers. The Parrot Bebop Drone is scheduled for a December 2014 release and it comes in blue, red, and yellow.
In 2014 Mr Shahzad Ahmed bought shares In AR.Further,it will expanded as Product in Pakistan.
Other Parrot products
- Parrot Conference: conferencing unit (launched in 2005)
- Parrot Voice Mate: personal digital assistant for blind and impaired people (launched in 1996)
- Parrot Zik: Dubbed as the worlds most advanced headphones
- Parrot RNB 6: An Android 2-DIN Infotainment Navigation System running on Android V5.0 Lollipop
- Parrot H20: A plant sensor that can give you up to 3 weeks of autonomous irrigation
- Parrot AR Drone: "Bebop" A lightweight electric quadcopter.
- Parrot partners with senseFly and Pix4D on mapping UAVs - SlashGear
- "Droning On". AOPA Pilot: 62. April 2015.