Party for Labour, Environment and Family
|This article is part of a series on the
politics and government of
The Party for Labour, Environment and Family - Christians for Germany (German: AUF - Partei für Arbeit, Umwelt und Familie - Christen für Deutschland, also AUF-Partei) was founded on 26 January 2008 in Berlin. AUF also means "Arise!".
The party has assessed itself as realistic political, social-Christian profile and wants marriage and family at the center of their policies. It is a member of European Christian Political Movement (ECPM), a Christian-based European political association.
In the German federal election in 2013 the party did not take part.
AUF was the result of "Aufbruch 2009" (Awakening 2009) emanated from the ECPM Congresses in 2004 and 2005. Every Deputy Chairman brought his political experience from his party. This were the Centre Party, the Ecological Democratic Party (ÖDP) and Walter Weiblen, who realised his experiences from Party of Bible-abiding Christians (PBC) until his resignation as National Chairman in November 2008. Peter Schneider (AUF) became his successor on 17 January 2009. The party got first seats in local representations by changing of party membership. 2009 the party was admitted to the European elections. It organized campaign events with Eva Herman, Christa Meves and the publicist Martin Lohmann.
The manner of attempting to establish a common Christian Party is described as authoritarian and undemocratic by the PBC.
- Official Website (in German)
- European Christian Political Youth Network: "New Christian party in Germany", viewed on 1 Mai 2009.[dead link]
- AUF: Vorstellungsrede von Dr. Peter Schneider zur Wahl des Bundesvorsitzenden beim Bundesparteitag, 17 January 2009 in Berlin, viewed am 18 April 2009.
- e.G. in Güstrow (district), Mecklenburg-Vorpommern: Mitglieder und Fraktionen des Kreistages Güstrow
- German Bundeswahlleiter: Pressemitteilung 10. April 2009 - 30 Parteien und sonstige politische Vereinigungen sind mit gemeinsamen Listen für alle Bundesländer zur Europawahl 2009 zugelassen, viewed on 18 April 2009
- Evangelische Nachrichtenagentur Idea: [tt_news]=74321&tx_ttnews[backPid]=&cHash=37e7e374df Drei christliche Kleinparteien treten zur Europawahl an last viewed on 16 April 2009 (alternative link via WebCite).
- KATH.NET: Christliche AUF-Partei: Europa-Kundgebung mit Prominenten from 16 April 2009, viewed on 19 April 2009.
- Stellungnahme von David Steier (Illingen), Vorsitzender des PBC-Kreisverbandes Pforzheim/Enzkreis, zur Gründung der AUF-Partei, einer Absplitterung von der PBC viewed on 20 April 2009.