From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Parthenope (Παρθενόπη) may refer to:
- Parthenope, one of the Sirens in Greek mythology
- in Greek mythology, the daughter of Ancaeus, king of Samos, and Samia, daughter of Meander, the river-god. She was the mother of Lycomedes.
- a Greek settlement now part of the Italian city of Naples; see History of Naples
- the Parthenopaean Republic, a short-lived republic established in Naples during the French Revolution, named for the ancient Greek settlement
- Frances Parthenope Verney, Parthenope Nightingale, the elder sister of Florence Nightingale and wife of Sir Harry Verney, named after her place of birth in Naples
- Partenope, a 1730 opera by George Frideric Handel
- Partenope (Zumaya), a 1711 opera by Manuel de Zumaya
- 11 Parthenope, an asteroid
|Wikispecies has information related to: Parthenope|
- Parthenope (crab), a genus of crabs in the family Parthenopidae
- Parthenope (fungus), a genus of fungi in the order Helotiales
- Partenopei, nickname of Italian football club S.S.C. Napoli
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Parthenope.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.