Partner relationship management
Partner relationship management (PRM) is a system of methodologies, strategies, software, and web-based capabilities that help a vendor to manage partner relationships. The general purpose of PRM is to enable vendors to better manage their partners through the introduction of reliable systems, processes and procedures for interacting with them. Web-based PRM systems typically include a Content Management System, a partner and customer contact database, and the notion of a partner portal which allows partners to login and interact with a vendor's sales opportunity database and obtain product, pricing, and training information. There are a number of solution providers who offer PRM software to manufacturers who rely heavily on channel/indirect sales, including:
- CCI Channel Management Solutions
- Cloud Profiler
- The Planet Group
- Treehouse Interactive
Vendors who implement a PRM solution are typically motivated by a need to reduce the financial overhead and hassles associated with maintaining a direct sales organization. They rely on regional resellers to find, educate, and sell to end-customers. Unlike CRM systems, which are tailored toward getting an end customer to purchase from you, a PRM system is focused on getting a partner to sell on your behalf. As a result, they commonly offer web-based self-service tools, information, and resources to partner resellers. Tools often include:
- MDF Request Programs
- Training, Certification, and Accreditation Automation
- Deal Registration Programs
- Indirect Sales Pipeline Reporting
- Joint Business Planning
- Reward and Loyalty Programs
- Content Library
- "Article for IT Reseller Magazine - Introduction to PRM" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Averetek - Helps global companies reach their customers with channel marketing solutions". Averetek.com. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- "CCI - Incentive solutions for empowering the world's channel leaders and motivating their partners". channelmanagement.com. Retrieved 2013-04-23.
- "CHANNEL360 - Harness the undiscovered potential in your channel". Channel360. Retrieved 2013-02-11.
- "the SaaS Partner Relationship Management (PRM) Solution". Channeltivity. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Cloud Profiler - SaaS Channel Management which allows users to assess their customers for products and services". cloudprofiler.com. Retrieved 2013-09-03.
- "hawkeye - Global channel enablement and incentives solutions". hawkeyechannel.com. Retrieved 2013-03-06.
- "Global Channel Ecosystem-Partner Relationship Management Solution". iasset.com. Retrieved 2012-07-11.
- "Partner Relationship Management-Partner Portal Software". LogicBay. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "PRM from Channel Experts". PartnerPath. Retrieved 2013-12-05.
- "Partner Relationship Management and Channel Marketing Software – RelayWare". Relayware.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "AppExchange - Hundreds of Cloud Computing Applications, Pre-Integrated". Appexchange.salesforce.com. 1990-01-01. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software from SAP | Partner Channel Management". SAP. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "The Document Cloud Platform for Sales, Marketing, and Partners". ShareMethods. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "The Planet Group". The Planet Group. 2012-02-27. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "TreeHouse Interactive - Demand Generation, Marketing Automation, PRM, Partner Portals, Partner Management, CRM Software". Treehousei.com. Retrieved 2012-05-09.
- "The Channel Management PRM SaaS solution". ShareMethods. Retrieved 2012-08-26.
- "Channelinsight - SaaS Channel Data Management for real-time visibility into Channel Partners". Channelinsight.com. Retrieved 2013-07-09.
- "channelplace - cloud collaboration platform for vendors leveraging wide reach, multi-tier sales channels, covering the entire lifecycle of successful channel relationships from partner on-boarding to loyalty incentives". channelplace.net. Retrieved 2014-02-10.