Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi
|Parvarrish - Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi|
A promotional logo image of Parvarish - Kuch Khatti Kuchh Meethi.
|Also known as||Parvarrish|
|Genre||Indian soap opera
|Created by||DJ's Creative Unit|
|Written by||Bijesh Jayrajan, Dilip Jha, Archita Biswas Jha & S. Manasvi|
|Directed by||Imtiaz Punjabi|
|Creative director(s)||Sonalika Bhonsle|
|Starring||For cast see below|
|Opening theme||Shaan and Shankar Mahadevan|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||388|
|Producer(s)||Deeya Singh, Tony Singh|
|Location(s)||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Cinematography||Mahesh R. Gupta|
|Running time||Approx. 23 minutes|
|Production company(s)||DJ's Creative Unit|
|Original channel||Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia|
|Picture format||720i (SDTV)|
|Original run||November 21, 2011 – August 14, 2013|
Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi / Nayi Umar Nayi Chunauti - Parvarrish Agla Padav (English: Upbringing - Some Sour Some Sweet / New Age New Hurdles - Upbringing Next Level, abbreviated as Parvarrish or Parvarish, is an Indian soap opera that aired on Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia. The show premiered on 21 November 2011 and ended on 14 August 2013. This serial is about families raising kids. The story focuses on the lives, morals, and rituals of the families. It stars Shweta Tiwari, Rupali Ganguly, Vivek Mushran and Vishal Singh in lead roles. It is dubbed in Tamil and being telecast in Raj TV as 'Nilave Malare'.
Parvarrish primarily revolves around two families who are relatives: the Ahluwalias and the Ahujas. It focuses on the troubles they go through in bringing up their children and the lessons they learn from these experiences.
Sweety Ahluwalia (Shweta Tiwari) is very strict with her children, Rocky and Ginny, to the point where they get frustrated with her and secretly rebel. Although she constantly scolds them and complains about their studies, she considers them her life. With her supportive husband Lakvir Singh (Vivek Mushran), she tries to provide them with the best she can.
On the other hand, Sweety's younger sister, Pinky Ahuja (Rupali Ganguly/Barkha Bisht Sengupta), wants to take care of her children by being friends with them. However, her overreacting nature often suffocates her kids and creates problems in the relationship she shares with them. She often finds a supportive friend in her caring and loving husband Jeet.(Vishal Singh).
Parvarrish is a story of how the families overcome their differences and learn to get through the ups and downs of life together.
- Shweta Tiwari as Sweety Kaur Lakvinder Singh Ahluwalia
- Vivek Mushran as Lakvinder Singh Ahluwalia
- Tapasvi Mehta as Rocky Singh Lakvinder Singh Ahluwalia
- Aashika Bhatia as Gunwant Kaur Lakvinder Singh Ahluwalia
- Rupali Ganguly / Barkha Bisht Sengupta as Pinky Jeet Ahuja
- Vishal Singh as Jeet Ahuja
- Aanchal Munjal as Raavi Jeet Ahuja
- Sparsh Khanchandani as Raashi Jeet Ahuja
- Rakshit Wahi as Sunny Jeet Ahuja
- Rajesh Puri as Rajesh Singh Khanna
- Vivek Madan as Lovely Singh Rajesh Singh Khanna
- Namrata Ramsay as Dolly Kaur Lovely Singh Khanna
- Gaurav Nanda as Amit Kapoor
Awards and nominations
- 2012 The Global Indian Film and TV Honours
- Best Actress in lead Role - Shweta Tiwari (nominated)
- Best Fiction Series - Parvarrish – Kuchh Khattee Kuchh Meethi (nominated)
- "Parvarrish – Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi: about the show". Sony Entertainment TV. MULTI SCREEN MEDIA PVT. LTD. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Parvarrish - Kuchh Khatti Kuchh Meethi, Cast and Characters". Sony Entertainment TV. MULTI SCREEN MEDIA PVT. LTD. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Balaji Telefilms 1st awards show GIFTH nominations". 1 India Entertainment. Greynium Information Technologies Pvt. Ltd. 28 January 2011. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "1st Global Indian Film & Television Honors Nominations". Top 10 Bollywood. Top 10 Bollywood. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "CHILD ARTISTE (FEMALE)". The 11th Indian Telly Awards. Indiantelevision.com. Retrieved 22 July 2012.